U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2018, 07:14 AM

137 posts, read 140,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
i wish they could re-locate the rabbit to another part of Uptown, like Dickinson Ave. or something.
I wish they would leave it where it is. It's probably the most iconic work of art the City of Greenville has. I like it a lot and I don't think there is a better place for it in Greenville.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2018, 07:41 AM

3,285 posts, read 5,434,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingLocal View Post
I wish they would leave it where it is. It's probably the most iconic work of art the City of Greenville has. I like it a lot and I don't think there is a better place for it in Greenville.
I usually agree with 90% of your post, but not this one. In my opinion, it’s not iconic nor inspiring to any degree. Come to think of it, maybe the brick itself is what makes the piece seem ugly to me; maybe paint the brick another color? I don’t know, but something about that wall is uninspiring. A mural taking over the whole wall would be much better than the panel-esque design of Hurry.

Edit: Funny, the more I think about it, the more I feel in favor of keeping Hurry and allowing another artists to come along and integrate their vision of that wall and Hurry. The rabbit alone is boring, but the wall itself is boring therefore stripping us of Hurry doesn’t necessarily fix the problem with the wall being aesthetically unappealing. I guess I’m back to 100% agreement with you, Local.

Old 10-27-2018, 05:46 PM

163 posts, read 114,831 times
Never been a huge fan of that brick facade--I tend to agree that Hurry should be kept and simply relocated. We've got a distinct lack of public art around Uptown apart from the metal animals.

Old 10-27-2018, 08:04 PM

3,285 posts, read 5,434,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikepedguy View Post
Never been a huge fan of that brick facade--I tend to agree that Hurry should be kept and simply relocated. We've got a distinct lack of public art around Uptown apart from the metal animals.
We need more metal animals! What do you think could be done about that wall to make it more appealing? The art itself isnít going to help.

Old 10-28-2018, 09:27 AM

1,672 posts, read 2,040,411 times
Albritton Interiors closed this last Friday due to retirement, and Capel Rugs Is closing soon.

Old 10-30-2018, 01:02 AM

4,628 posts, read 3,038,523 times
https://www.ncdot.gov/news/press-rel...e-weekend.aspx

Quote:
GREENVILLE Ė The intersection of Evans Street and 10th Street in Greenville will be closed later this week to allow for utility adjustments and repaving. The work is part of the larger 10th Street Connector Project.

The intersection closure will begin on Thursday, Nov. 1, at 9 a.m. It is scheduled to reopen by Monday, Nov. 5, at 6 a.m.

A detour route will be in place. Motorists can use Reade Circle, Contanche Street and Charles Boulevard to get around the work zone.

Drivers are urged to slow down and use caution when approaching the closure. They should anticipate needing extra time for traveling through the area because of the detour.

For real-time travel information, visit DriveNC.gov or follow NCDOT on Twitter.

Old 10-30-2018, 06:54 AM

839 posts, read 1,039,416 times
https://www.witn.com/content/news/Ac...498988831.html

This a really a wonderful development...

PITT COUNTY, N.C. (WITN) - Aces for Autism is building a brand new state-of-the-art family center complete with a private school, clinic, playground and splash pad here in the east.

Aces for Autism Founders Kyle and Bobbie Robinson made the announcement during the non-profit's annual dinner auction Monday night.
The organization has acquired more than 23-acres of land off Worthington Road in Winterville where the Ron and Rose Bowen Family Autism Campus will be built.

The campus will feature a therapy clinic, school and recreational building for children and families affected by autism. It will also have outdoor activities, including walking trails, a splash pad and a playground.

The Robinson's founded Aces for Autism in 2014 after their son was diagnosed with autism.
"Bobbie and I both felt God's calling to start a non profit to impact children impacted by autism in the eastern North Carolina region. Tonight's announcement was a huge step as we bring a campus that will be second to none across the entire southeast region. This is something the entire region can be proud of," said Kyle.

Those interested in finding out more can e-mail info@acesforautismnc.com or call (252) 689 - 6645.

Last edited by jpirate; 10-30-2018 at 06:55 AM.. Reason: e

Old 11-05-2018, 03:36 AM

4,628 posts, read 3,038,523 times
Traffic barriers coming this month - Daily Reflector

Old 11-05-2018, 08:09 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,358,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
Needed because of all of the suicide middle lanes in Greenville. City needs to continue to push for actual medians with turn lanes.

Old 11-05-2018, 08:10 AM

839 posts, read 1,039,416 times
^ these things are ugly & I mean UGLY....but I'll take ugly for now to prevent boneheaded drivers from causing accidents.

Glad this is being done. I wish they would do this on 10th / Hwy 33 by Ollies & such. That area is so terrible!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina