Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2011, 08:29 PM

247 posts, read 445,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emelvee View Post
I was wondering what happened to the plans for Cook Out on Firetower - they'll do great. And one with indoor seating will be nice - I've only seen one like that, in the Triad.
I have seen one in Goldsboro and one in Wilson NC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 02:44 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,103,251 times
I did a little digging into the Greenville Mall trying to find out why it just seems to languish. It just doesn't make sense that an area as big as the Greenville MSA is doesn't have at least a decent sized mall.

I think the problem is this. The Greenville Mall is "owned" by Merelda Greenville Mall LLC. MGM LLC is legally serviced by the Corporation Service Company in Raleigh. North Carolina Secretary of State They are the legal representatives for an entity that resides at One Letterman Dr. Building D Floor 6 San Francisco, CA.

In the initial legal filing for MGM LLC they show Babcock & Brown in New York as the principal address for MGM LLC. Babcock & Brown is an Australian global investment and advisory firm based in Sydney, AU.

There are 2 problems with this situation. First, B&B probably doesn't give a rat's behind about some rinky-dink mall is rural North Carolina. As long as the rent checks keep coming in they're happy.

Secondly B&B has gone belly up. They apparently did a poor job of managing their assets and their creditors chose to shut the company down and liquidate the assets.

Who actually owns the Greenille Mall now? Who knows?

In the article in the Daily Reflector it says "On Friday, Cappy Paquin, the store's assistant manager, said they were notified in November that their lease wouldn't be renewed, and that new mall ownership would be “walking the mall.”"

One Letterman Dr. Building D Floor 6 appears to be occupied by some sort of art school. The former Babcock and Brown corporate website (www.babcockbrown) is now linked to Next Digital, an Australian firm.

Mirelda Greenville Mall LLC is required to file every year and inform the state about their ownership. We'll just have to wait and see what turns up.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:58 AM

4 posts, read 6,768 times
There is also an eat-in Cookout restaurant on 64 near the NC Zoo.
I was surprised when I saw you could eat there.
It is a good size and it was nice eating at that location.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:14 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,259,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Pitt-Greenville Airport is expanding their runway. Hopefully we'll be able to get more flights, bigger planes and cheaper prices.
Well I wasn't completely correct. The immediate reason, outside of the great price, was to prevent anything moving in to screw up the flight path of the longest runway. The two tracts are 91.5acres and cost 1.8million. The FAA should reimburse the airport in the next year or so.

An environmental plan is underway to see if the runway can be extended. It should be complete by this summer.

FYI, the airport has three runways. Five of the six ends are blocked. Three by Memorial, one by wetlands and the last by a water treatment plant. The only "opening" is where these two tracts of land were bought.

So HOPEFULLY we can get a runway extension.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
that's too cool!
btw does anyone know what's underconstruction on 5th street on the hospital campus? I'm not fimilar with the campus but I know there is a four or five level building beside it that's brand new..
one day this week I will go out and take a few pictures of new greenville construction sense I haven't done it since the 1st page haha
Beside the ECHI is the new Family Medicine Center. It is almost open. Beside that is Ross Hall, the building for the School of Dental Medicine. It won't be complete until next year. On Moye is the second building for ECU Physicians (the physician practice for all ECU docs). Those are the only three things I can recall that you can see off of 5th St/Hwy 43

Old 01-25-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
I did a little digging into the Greenville Mall trying to find out why it just seems to languish. It just doesn't make sense that an area as big as the Greenville MSA is doesn't have at least a decent sized mall.

I think the problem is this. The Greenville Mall is "owned" by Merelda Greenville Mall LLC. MGM LLC is legally serviced by the Corporation Service Company in Raleigh. North Carolina Secretary of State They are the legal representatives for an entity that resides at One Letterman Dr. Building D Floor 6 San Francisco, CA.

In the initial legal filing for MGM LLC they show Babcock & Brown in New York as the principal address for MGM LLC. Babcock & Brown is an Australian global investment and advisory firm based in Sydney, AU.

There are 2 problems with this situation. First, B&B probably doesn't give a rat's behind about some rinky-dink mall is rural North Carolina. As long as the rent checks keep coming in they're happy.

Secondly B&B has gone belly up. They apparently did a poor job of managing their assets and their creditors chose to shut the company down and liquidate the assets.

Who actually owns the Greenille Mall now? Who knows?

In the article in the Daily Reflector it says "On Friday, Cappy Paquin, the store's assistant manager, said they were notified in November that their lease wouldn't be renewed, and that new mall ownership would be “walking the mall.”"

One Letterman Dr. Building D Floor 6 appears to be occupied by some sort of art school. The former Babcock and Brown corporate website (www.babcockbrown) is now linked to Next Digital, an Australian firm.

Mirelda Greenville Mall LLC is required to file every year and inform the state about their ownership. We'll just have to wait and see what turns up.
That is some great info! Thanks for digging. And what you said makes sense. I wouldn't care about BFE Iowa mall as long as I got a check every month.

But there really is no reason why that mall isn't better. And thank god the lease isn't gonna get renewed. But what does “walking the mall” mean?

I just really hope we get someone with the business/mall know how to fix it. I think it could do very well.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:28 PM

Now that the West 5th project is done, the next redevelopment area Greenville is turning to is Evans Street. They are wanting to redo the blocks between 10th St and Reade Circle. It will have to fit into the design for the 10th St-Farmville connector. The ending of this project and 10th St will be at the same place. Plus the intermodel transportation center thing will be located on Evans. AND ECU has land around there.

This project is probably over a year before any dirt gets pushed.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:34 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,764,200 times
WITN: Home Depot in Greenville & Rocky Mount to close. Liquidation begins Thursday and will take 6-8 weeks.

Old 01-25-2011, 06:37 PM

247 posts, read 445,322 times
My heart go out to all the people who have lost their jobs through this tough time.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:03 PM

150 posts, read 351,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
WITN: Home Depot in Greenville & Rocky Mount to close. Liquidation begins Thursday and will take 6-8 weeks.
Oh that's too bad. It's odd that the Greenville one is right next to a Lowe's so I can see how it wouldn't survive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina