Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2011, 05:22 AM

2,305 posts, read 6,063,233 times

Advertisements

The newspaper article states the name change is to give the hospital a better name that more reflects it's status. PCMH is more of a small county hospital type of name. UHS Medical Center is more in line with a large regional hospital with a level 1 trauma center, a teaching hospital and the massive number of facilites that surround it including the East Carolina Heart Institute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 07:28 AM

28 posts, read 52,838 times
That would be a nice name for the hospital but unfortunately New Bern's hospital already claimed it...sort of.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:41 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,612,963 times
Apparently all UHS hospitals are being renamed October 1, so the change for PCMH makes sense - I can understand them wanted to "brand" their facilities.
Article below does NOT require a subscription in order to view:
The Daily Reflector

Old 08-19-2011, 10:48 AM

3,375 posts, read 6,218,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
The newspaper article states the name change is to give the hospital a better name that more reflects it's status. PCMH is more of a small county hospital type of name. UHS Medical Center is more in line with a large regional hospital with a level 1 trauma center, a teaching hospital and the massive number of facilites that surround it including the East Carolina Heart Institute.
East Carolina Medical Center or something along those lines would associate it with the region and the university that made it the hospital it is today. Without ECU it would still be a community hospital. It sucks that people don't know that UHS/PCMH/whatever is closely associated with ECU.

But for all I know, ECU could be against that type of naming, but I bet not.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:02 AM

South Tar River Greenway received funding to attach the Town Commons to PCMH/Health Sciences campus.

Road Project to Help ECU Commuters - News Story - WCTI New Bern

Old 08-19-2011, 11:08 AM

So PCMH will me "memorized"

The Daily Reflector

But I am not buying the dissent the county is having. Almost every county had a public hospital back in the day. Again, if it wasn't for ECU PCMH would be Lenior Memorial Hospital

Old 08-20-2011, 09:09 AM

99 posts, read 266,760 times
Anyone tried TastyVille pizza yet? I'm not big on buffets, but I may be willing to give this one a try.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:59 PM

247 posts, read 441,036 times
-Mazatlan will be coming on the corner of Red Banks and Arlington Blvd across from Wachovia.
-Dairy Queen is looking to build over by Sheetz across from PCC but is not set in stone yet.
-Sonic is looking at land for a 4th location in Greenville.

Old 08-21-2011, 09:47 AM

99 posts, read 266,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollabackmjjd View Post
-Mazatlan will be coming on the corner of Red Banks and Arlington Blvd across from Wachovia.
-Dairy Queen is looking to build over by Sheetz across from PCC but is not set in stone yet.
-Sonic is looking at land for a 4th location in Greenville.
I wish we had a Dairy Queen in Greenville. I think there used to be one near Blockbuster a few years ago

I'm guessing they might put a Sonic near the hospital since that's about the only place that doesn't have one. But, do we really need another Sonic here, even Raleigh only has two.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:01 AM

28 posts, read 52,838 times
Dairy Queen used to be near Blockbuster, in the Handy Mart by Mayflower, and downtown near the Sheetz. For some reason over the years they all closed. Kind of ridiculous since every little town around us has a Dairy Queen. Williamston has a really nice one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina