Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2012, 12:00 AM

54 posts, read 75,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIR8tes12 View Post
so they would level the newly remodeled quarry? what happens when one of the 10 businesses involved says no I dont want to sell my building to a developer?

Where was the elbow room at? I had the impression it was going to be the few buildings that included the hair place, the hooka bar, the op, hard times, the phoenix (thank god) and the stop shop
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 02:48 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvllepirate View Post
Where was the elbow room at? I had the impression it was going to be the few buildings that included the hair place, the hooka bar, the op, hard times, the phoenix (thank god) and the stop shop
Wasn't Elbow where the Phoenix is now?

Old 07-22-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvllepirate View Post
sounds like a long shot but you never know what kind of funding could come from a private developer. I ask anyone, why not here? Ive seen major overhauls in cities around NC and I think greenville deserves it and could thrive with it just as good as any.
You would need not only a willing developer, but the City Council would need to be on board. If that means help streamlining the process. Or making favorable tax breaks for X number of years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
I'd like to know the source of this info.
+1. I keep up with stuff and this is the first I have seen of it.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:52 PM

I forgot if this has been posted, but the Burger King at 10th and Greenville is closed and being remodeled. I guess to keep up with the Jones' (McDonalds).

Old 07-22-2012, 08:19 PM

232 posts, read 475,121 times
Anybody found out what is being built at evans and gville blvd? the building looks pretty tall so far

Old 07-23-2012, 04:40 PM

A new educational marker has been installed on the South Tar River Greenway, summarizing a local educator’s six-month research project into the river’s history as a transportation artery.

South Tar River Greenway gets Educational :: The Greenville Guardian

Old 07-23-2012, 10:38 PM

Rezoning request worries residents: A far-reaching rezoning plan that would open up 41 acres of foreclosed property along Regency Boulevard to the development of high-rise apartment buildings is awaiting the approval of the Greenville City Council.

The Daily Reflector

Old 07-24-2012, 03:19 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,103,880 times
I read that article. Those folks are upset because they bought patio apartments and thought that they'd have their own little world all to themselves. Well, if that's what they wanted then maybe they should have bought the 41 acres themselves.

And I'm all for building the right things in the right places, but you have to eventually start building up, instead of constantly building out. Greenville is a perfect example of urban sprawl at it's worst and it continues each day. Because of the condition of the downtown area, there is no core in Greenville. It's just spread over a whole lot of square miles of business, schools and houses. And the planners are to blame.

Old 07-24-2012, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
I read that article. Those folks are upset because they bought patio apartments and thought that they'd have their own little world all to themselves. Well, if that's what they wanted then maybe they should have bought the 41 acres themselves.

And I'm all for building the right things in the right places, but you have to eventually start building up, instead of constantly building out. Greenville is a perfect example of urban sprawl at it's worst and it continues each day. Because of the condition of the downtown area, there is no core in Greenville. It's just spread over a whole lot of square miles of business, schools and houses. And the planners are to blame.
I dont think half of greenville/winterville know about regency blvd. When i drive on it i can count the cars i pass on one hand.

Old 07-24-2012, 04:33 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,103,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIR8tes12 View Post
I dont think half of greenville/winterville know about regency blvd. When i drive on it i can count the cars i pass on one hand.
I know what the excuse to build the road was and I'm just not buying it. They said it was to provide another way to get from Evans over to Memorial but when I see which way the backups are on Evans, I didn't think Regency was going to do much of anything. And it doesn't. I mean it's a divided 4 lane road. Those are designed for heavy traffic. You can tell a lot about a road by looking at the curb cuts. Those are breaks in the curbing where driveways or other streets enter onto a road. There are quite a few acres of undeveloped land there that were basically landlocked until Regency was built but it's not that much.

Regency cannot go any further east. That area is locked up by current developments.

I think the money would have been much better spent turning Evans into a 4 lane divided (no center turn lane, I hate those) road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina