Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2012, 08:09 AM

77 posts, read 150,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
You've heard the real estate saying "Location, location, location"? That's why Florence has 2 hospitals. Florence is a hub. It is right beside I-95 and all roads in the area, including numerous US roads, lead to Florence.
Regardless, the two hospitals in Florence are 400 bed regional-style places (like Onslow Memorial or Carolinas East), whereas VMC is an academic behemoth. It's a flawed comparison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 11:40 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,192,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post

And speaking of Vidant, do you guys believe Winterville will ever get its own small hospital?
About 5-10 years after traffic gets bad enough that Winterville EMS consistently can't get to a patient and then over to Pitt within an hour.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:35 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,256,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
About 5-10 years after traffic gets bad enough that Winterville EMS consistently can't get to a patient and then over to Pitt within an hour.
We should have construction of Southwest bypass by then. Which will take care of all of that.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:01 PM

286 posts, read 652,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
We should have construction of Southwest bypass by then. Which will take care of all of that.
Not if the damn thing starts all the way down below Ayden. No one will actually uses it.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:30 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,192,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frisch View Post
Not if the damn thing starts all the way down below Ayden. No one will actually uses it.
And now we've come around full circle.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:20 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,100,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frisch View Post
There's around 10 access points. It will get used. Especially at rush hour.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:13 AM

893 posts, read 1,342,075 times
I hear Armadillo Grill closed...which is disappointing...they had good food, but were never that busy when I'd go it...plus they were a bit pricey for me without a coupon. Also read that Plaza Azteca lost it liquor licenses...thought that happened awhile back?

Old 08-14-2012, 09:25 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,761,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
I hear Armadillo Grill closed...which is disappointing...they had good food, but were never that busy when I'd go it...plus they were a bit pricey for me without a coupon.
I know a guy who worked there. He told me a month ago that the owner told him they were operating at a loss and they probably wouldn't survive the summer drop off. Boli's closed last August. It's really getting to be almost impossible to do a restaurant business downtown without the patronage of people who aren't from the party crowd, especially families. I wonder if the diminishing options downtown will reach the point where even the party-goers will tire of the scene?

Old 08-14-2012, 10:41 AM

26 posts, read 50,487 times
Where did you read that Plaza Azteca lost it's liquor license? Looking at the states ABC database they are still active and have been since 2009. They have renewed since then, but never lost it from what I can tell. (The database is updated daily so if they lose it, it should show up right away).

ABC Permittee: North Carolina ABC Commission

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
Also read that Plaza Azteca lost it liquor licenses...thought that happened awhile back?

Old 08-14-2012, 11:33 AM

3,375 posts, read 6,256,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Renegade View Post
Where did you read that Plaza Azteca lost it's liquor license? Looking at the states ABC database they are still active and have been since 2009. They have renewed since then, but never lost it from what I can tell. (The database is updated daily so if they lose it, it should show up right away).

ABC Permittee: North Carolina ABC Commission
They did at one point, a year to two ago. Now they have ID scanners, or at least that is what the stickers on the doors say. But I am not sure now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina