Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2013, 09:36 AM

3,060 posts, read 4,793,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
I wonder what the vacant rate of retail is in Greenville, but anyways at this point I believe Greenville or better yet the developer should basically accept any tenant in that spot. If Pep Boys showed interest, drop the rates of the lease and allow them to move in and begin conducting business. If I remember correctly, people in car clubs always meet outside of that former CC anyways therefore that would be perfect for Pep Boys.
I think the problem with that spot is the other tenants of the center as well as the inability to expand the spot...would have been a great place for Dick's, but they wanted bigger...would be a good location for a Whole Foods type place, but there is a Harris Teeter already there...as well Target has big influence to keep clothing retailers out of the space.

Its a highly visible location, its just too small for many big box retailers and by not allowing clothing or grocery retailers, its limited its uses. It should be noted that the Wilmington CC location also sat long before a local warehouse type opened. I would think a furniture retailer could do well in that spot....maybe a Rooms-to-Go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 09:47 AM

145 posts, read 264,578 times
Quote:
Thank you, unfortunately I'm not making a trip back to Greenville until July therefore this a pleasure to see how Vidant looks.
Here are the pictures of the new Vidant Children's Hospital that I said I would post. Sorry for taking a while but I don't go on that side of town too often.

Anyone else notice the stoplight pole in the picture above? Looks they have finally started improving the streetscape of Stantonsburg Road. Even though it probably was just because they needed to replace the stoplights due to the Children's Hospital, maybe they will replace the two other main stoplights in front of Vidant which will improve the look of it even more. Then all they will need to do is to bury the powerlines across the street and then it will look a lot better.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:47 AM

1,807 posts, read 2,733,618 times
Quote:
I wonder what the vacant rate of retail is in Greenville, but anyways at this point I believe Greenville or better yet the developer should basically accept any tenant in that spot. If Pep Boys showed interest, drop the rates of the lease and allow them to move in and begin conducting business. If I remember correctly, people in car clubs always meet outside of that former CC anyways therefore that would be perfect for Pep Boys.
The property owner could renovate that anchor unit, "break" it two, and easily find tenants. I'm assuming they'd rather have one large traditional anchor to feature. It's too big for most places, too small for some, and too expensive for many. Great location, though, but with a less than ideal parking lot.

What people may not know about the former CC is that the building is actually a freestanding unit, attached to the other stores only at the facade. This can be seen easily via satellite image, but I learned first hand early on in the complex's existence (I was basically a teenager then. My friend and I came over to Greenville from Washington frequently just to kick around. Sometimes we'd go places where people either weren't supposed to or just usually didn't go to. One day we leave the CC exit, hung a left, intending to go to B&N, but instead we noticed an archway in the crook of the building where CC ended. [It can't be seen just driving by, you have to right on it to notice it.] It leads to a tiny space between CC and the rest of the complex, so we kept walking looking for other little nooks like this. There wasn't any, so we ended up walking the entire length of the back of the complex all the way down to Kroger. Oh, how I wish I still had that kind of time and energy to kill like we did back then! Haha!)

Anyway, my point is that it is easily possible to actually tear down the former Circuit City, as it shares not even a firewall attachment to the rest of the complex. Perhaps a re-invention of that anchor, coupled with a re-organized parking lot/entrances/exits on that end could be the remedy to restore business activity in what should be a prime business location, rather than a wasted space.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:51 AM

3,060 posts, read 4,793,226 times
Anyone know the status of the Veteran's Hospital and Residence Inn on W 5th Street? Opening dates?

Old 04-02-2013, 10:03 AM

286 posts, read 648,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
^ I posted that a little while ago...I believe they screwed up & it should be Greenville, SC based on what I found.
Yeah, it's Greenville, South Carolina

https://jobs-daveandbusters.icims.co...searchCompany=

Old 04-02-2013, 10:04 AM

145 posts, read 264,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
Anyone know the status of the Veteran's Hospital and Residence Inn on W 5th Street? Opening dates?
I am not sure about the opening dates of the Residence Inn but I was able to snap a picture of it. Looks like it might be close to being finished, maybe Summer 2013 or Fall 2013? I'm not quite sure the exact opening date for the VA clinic but I have heard late 2013 or early 2014.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:35 AM

2,305 posts, read 6,063,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPirate7 View Post
I saw that Dave and busters is looking for a sales manager in Greenville nc And yea it is greenville nc.
It's inaccurate. When you go to Dave & Busters website the positions are for the Greenville, SC location.

When it comes to D&B putting a location in Greenville, NC, you can wish all you want but it's not going to happen.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:56 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,530,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPirate7 View Post
I saw that Dave and busters is looking for a sales manager in Greenville nc And yea it is greenville nc.
I think a Frankie's Fun Park would be perfect for an area like Greenville.

Frankies Fun Park - Have you had your fun today?

It's similar to Dave & Buster's...a bar/restaurant/arcade but with go karts, & mini golf. think it would do well in the area. The "Greenville Fun Park" doesn't seem to have updated a single since it opened back when I was a kid. Didn't it close down at one point?

Maybe some entrepreneur in the area could make something like this happen. I remember visiting a place called Alleigh's / Wilson's in Wilmington that was a lot of fun that had the bar/restaurant/arcade model going.

I think Greenville & Eastern NC need something like this.

Old 04-02-2013, 12:09 PM

36 posts, read 62,818 times
Does anyone know what is going on G'ville Blvd where the old AAA building was located? Looks like 2 separate blds are going in.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:23 PM

5 posts, read 9,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frisch View Post
If private industry builds them then what is wrong with solar panels?

I don't understand all the hate on green energy when enterprise builds it. People keep bitching about windmills too. Personally I think they look kind of cool.
Try living next to one. Get hearing protection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina