Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2013, 01:58 PM

192 posts, read 280,905 times

Advertisements

WOW. I was hoping that the new Courtside Cafe would be good. All the talk about better quality food and owners from Ashville trying to bring that atmosphere to Greenville. Went there a few days ago and was horribly disappointed. I'm SHOCKED that they got a $30k grant. I hope that they use it well to help improve the service and food quality. The downtown area, and Pitt county for that matter is sorely lacking n quality local food eateries. Hopefully Courtside will do better and make strides to approach the excellent job that the Scullery does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2013, 07:32 AM

3,375 posts, read 6,256,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
I am glad they are taking some sort of action on the theatre It has been an eyesore for a while. With the new Community Smith stuff starting soon, the whole area will start to look differently.
The three-story addition on the rear of the theater is news to me. I wonder/assume the expansion will extend north to match Winslows.

Quote:
Living in Raleigh, I haven't been able to make my way to Gville as much as I would like...Has there been any word on the building they tore down near Tipsy Teapot/Dale's? Does it still have the fence up? That lot could be a nice walkthrough area from the new Parking Deck to the main portion of downtown.

Glad to see so much going on in the downtown area.
Fence is still up. They were planning on constructing an 3-4 story office building there, but couldn't find enough businesses to lease space. So IIRC, it will become a greenspace in the near-term.

I could see them building a connector from Evans to the parking deck. But probably not.

Old 09-12-2013, 02:47 PM

3,082 posts, read 4,852,030 times
Green space between the deck and Evans would not be a bad thing...a pocket park will give access to Evans without going around the block.

Old 09-12-2013, 08:07 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,256,713 times
Work Progressing On 10th Street Connector In Greenville

Old 09-13-2013, 10:23 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,761,989 times
From WITN:

"An adult hygiene products company says it will expand its facility in Pitt County.

Governor Pat McCrory's Office says Attends Healthcare Products, and its parent company Domtar, will create 35 new jobs and invest $100,000 during the next three years.

The company has decided to locate its North American operations center in Pitt County, and will add finance and accounting positions with an average salary of $52,000 plus benefits.

Domtar also operates a fluff pulp mill and bio-chemical plant in Plymouth, in addition to the adult hygiene plant in Greenville. Attends has been in Greenville since 1999 and employs about 300 people. Domtar purchased Attends in 2011.

The expansion was made possible, in part, by a $70,000 One North Carolina Fund grant."

Not quite the corporate headquarters we're hoping for, but those job additions pay nicely. It's a decent addition to the Greenville economy anyway. There's been several announcements lately about manufacturing jobs in the east. Hopefully it's a trend.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:49 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,627,720 times
The 35 new jobs is nice; I'm guessing the tiny $100k investment is for some minor remodeling.

Old 09-17-2013, 04:00 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,761,989 times
There's a zoning request sign in front of the abandoned Produce Wholesalers building (the white building with the attached fence in the forefront of the Ficklen Warehouse) on 9th St. Anyone know what the request is for, and does it involve a wrecking ball?

Old 09-18-2013, 07:22 AM

52 posts, read 96,873 times
Looks like something is about to go in front of Pitt CC in between McDonald's and Sheetz on South Memorial... Anyone know anything about this?!

And side note... yes, it looks like they are extending the little strip of shops/restaurants on Firetower by the Kangaroo. Was really hoping for something else!

Old 09-18-2013, 07:55 AM

247 posts, read 445,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LancePippin0982 View Post
Looks like something is about to go in front of Pitt CC in between McDonald's and Sheetz on South Memorial... Anyone know anything about this?!

And side note... yes, it looks like they are extending the little strip of shops/restaurants on Firetower by the Kangaroo. Was really hoping for something else!
Someone had mentioned a bank several months ago, don't know true that is.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:01 AM

893 posts, read 1,342,075 times
good lord, another Family Dollar is popping up on Evans beside that Pirate Stuff place. Don't we have enough of them in this town? They must be profitable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina