Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2014, 08:55 PM

145 posts, read 266,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrecufan View Post
Likewise - a friend said she talked to the manager at that store who confirmed it would close after the others are done. She said the manager told her the Hilton was buying the property...but I suspect that last part may be hearsay.
I heard the same from a manager. They said it was closing after the new one across the river was built. I suspect the reason for all the neighborhood markets in the area are to pick up on the business that would have been lost. For years, stores like Walmart have been moving to smaller stores instead of offering so many options and products. I'm all for it cause that would might mean better customer service.

Last edited by piratesrock; 09-24-2014 at 09:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2014, 06:49 AM

892 posts, read 1,342,075 times
In the HotDish today:

Quote:
Greenville will be getting a new restaurant serving an upscale menu next month when Corleone's Exquisite Cuisine opens in the former location of Yerbabuena Latin Cuisine and Grill, 206 S.W. Greenville Blvd.

Managing partner George Chemali said the new concept will feature "exquisite American and International food of five-star quality."

The dining room is being remodeled and redecorated.

Chemali said the he expects Corleone's to open in October.
and

Quote:
Grand China Buffet, 3040 Evans St. in the University Commons shopping center, has closed.
Not a shocker there, that place was filthy...like something you'd expect to see on Restaurant Impossible.

Old 09-25-2014, 07:16 AM

3,080 posts, read 4,852,030 times
Is there a construction cam for the new Belk Dorm project...Gateway?

These pics are really showing the transformation of Greenville...Parking Deck, Go Science, Community Smith Superblock, and old Georgetowne property. Throw in Gateway and upcoming 10th St connector construction.

The other thing I was thinking the other day was about Publix...anyone heard of any potential sites besides Bells Fork? Would be great to have a place near downtown, near campus that was within walking distance for lots of students...have to wonder what Taft/Ward are planning for on the corner of Evans and 10th. I would think there could be a market for that.

Old 09-25-2014, 10:23 AM

144 posts, read 189,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
Is there a construction cam for the new Belk Dorm project...Gateway?

These pics are really showing the transformation of Greenville...Parking Deck, Go Science, Community Smith Superblock, and old Georgetowne property. Throw in Gateway and upcoming 10th St connector construction.

The other thing I was thinking the other day was about Publix...anyone heard of any potential sites besides Bells Fork? Would be great to have a place near downtown, near campus that was within walking distance for lots of students...have to wonder what Taft/Ward are planning for on the corner of Evans and 10th. I would think there could be a market for that.

Construction Camera: Barnhill Contracting

Old 09-25-2014, 10:43 AM

8 posts, read 15,791 times
I saw in Work Week that College View Apartments was purchased by Ward Holdings. Any ideas what's going on there?

Old 09-25-2014, 12:01 PM

If it is the College View Apts. I am thinking of, hopefully a bulldozer will be involved. There is a good portion of land there that that could be better utilized.

Old 09-25-2014, 12:53 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,256,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
If it is the College View Apts. I am thinking of, hopefully a bulldozer will be involved. There is a good portion of land there that that could be better utilized.
There is a whole slew of Apartments near there, north of 10th, that need to be razed.

Then build another apartment complex (mixed-use?) that incorporates Green Mill Run and Greensprings better.

Or, donate some of the land to the City, so they can increase the size of Greensprings Park.

Old 09-26-2014, 12:20 PM

I'm sure this is already posted somewhere...when does construction on the 10th connector supposed to start?

Old 09-26-2014, 01:53 PM

3,080 posts, read 4,852,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
I'm sure this is already posted somewhere...when does construction on the 10th connector supposed to start?
My understanding is that they will open bids in December. The acquisition portion went quicker than anticipated (although there are always loose ends to tie up).

So it probably wont start until February or so...next summer should be real interesting while that heavy construction is underway. I expect Greenville's crime rate to go down next year while that project is going on. Seriously.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:04 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,256,713 times
Not sure if I trust the source or methodology, but interesting none the less: 2014′s Fastest Growing Cities | WalletHub®
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina