Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2016, 11:45 PM

107 posts, read 174,153 times

Advertisements

Walmart neighborhood market/Carmike construction is a small street connecting Walmart area to the Carmike entrance. I wonder if some construction is planned for that area. We need some more hair salons, nail salons, mattress , and cell phone stores. It appears that a stop light is going to be put up at Signature Drive/Hiway 43 in front of Bellamy Apartments. They already have the foundation on one corner for the pole. If they need one here, surely they need one at Copper Beech & 33 East apartments on 10th Street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2016, 11:03 PM

154 posts, read 232,408 times
For safety purposes, a light at Copper Beech and 33 East apts/condos is a good idea. For traffic flow - it would be crippling, primarily during rush hour. Cityadvocate, your post seemed a bit tongue-in-cheek, so not sure if you were completely serious. But they need to do something in that area. I was hit by a student who pulled out and slammed into the left side of the car. Did $8000 in damage - luckily no injuries but it's like watching a game of ******* there. Even though it's entirely implausible, they should stop all left hand turns out of Copper Beech onto 10th street, but there is no other alternative. That was just really poor planning with that area.

Old 03-21-2016, 08:02 AM

889 posts, read 1,328,164 times
It really is a very bad area. I'm not sure of the solution either, maybe control access with medians at certain points? The people walking across the street to get to Food Lion from those older housing areas back near Ollies doesn't help either, they'll just stand in the middle of the turn lane with their children waiting to cross. It's a very unsafe area all together.

Turning left out of Bojangles/Cook Out is a death wish 95% of the time. I usually just take a right, turn into the church parking lot & turn around.

Bottom line, something in that area needs to be done, it's a very poor planned area for sure.

oh & lol ...

Quote:
Walmart neighborhood market/Carmike construction is a small street connecting Walmart area to the Carmike entrance. I wonder if some construction is planned for that area. We need some more hair salons, nail salons, mattress , and cell phone stores.
we definitely need some more mattress stores please. I feel like there is no selection in this city.

Old 03-21-2016, 08:24 AM

275 posts, read 327,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
It really is a very bad area. I'm not sure of the solution either, maybe control access with medians at certain points? The people walking across the street to get to Food Lion from those older housing areas back near Ollies doesn't help either, they'll just stand in the middle of the turn lane with their children waiting to cross. It's a very unsafe area all together.

Turning left out of Bojangles/Cook Out is a death wish 95% of the time. I usually just take a right, turn into the church parking lot & turn around.

Bottom line, something in that area needs to be done, it's a very poor planned area for sure.

oh & lol ...

we definitely need some more mattress stores please. I feel like there is no selection in this city.
LOL I don't think there even any down that far on Fire Tower. Don't give anyone any ideas.

Old 03-21-2016, 08:38 AM

1,284 posts, read 1,574,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
I've been coming out and going back toward Moseley(?) - the road that runs down beside Parkers and Food Lion
Then come out to the Blvd.
I don't even attempt to turn left onto 10th.

Old 03-21-2016, 12:30 PM

889 posts, read 1,328,164 times
I happened to stop & look at the signage for the new ECU student center on 10th street. This was the first time i had seen a composite of what the parking deck will look like, pretty snazzy for a deck. Good to see they are doing it right & blending it in with the buildings on campus. Also - there is finally a sign up on the old gas station across the street showing the new student housing complex coming. I was wondering how much longer until that project will start. I guess they have to move the frat house before they can begin...and possibly wait out the lease agreements on the calzone place?

Last edited by jpirate; 03-21-2016 at 12:33 PM.. Reason: df

Old 03-21-2016, 12:55 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,218,462 times

Old 03-21-2016, 03:17 PM

3,060 posts, read 4,792,534 times
I noticed the other day that the vacant lot on Reade at Dickinson next to the Bankruptcy Courthouse has had the For Sale sign removed.

Anyone know who may have bought that lot?

Old 03-21-2016, 09:29 PM

1,284 posts, read 1,574,788 times
The District

Wow. I give them A+ on how to polish a turd and market it.

Old 03-24-2016, 01:55 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,218,462 times
Trillium Health Resources brings headquarters to Uptown, signs 10-year lease for former Bank of America Building

Will move approximately 129 jobs to the Greenville central business district
The largest employer to relocate to the central business district in over a decade

Uptown Greenville | Trillium Health Resources brings headquarters Uptown
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina