Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2017, 11:43 AM

893 posts, read 1,342,075 times

Advertisements

Lidl announces grand opening dates in eastern North Carolina

Lidl will open June 15th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2017, 12:27 PM

7,189 posts, read 6,811,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
I'm jealous. Lidl is building a store up here as well, but it's still months away from opening.

Wilson's store is supposed to open sometime this summer as well and a contract has just been awarded a few weeks ago for construction of Goldsboro's store.

I can't help but wonder how many of Lidl's stores will last for the long haul, especially in eastern NC with all the stores in relatively close proximity to each other.

Old 05-31-2017, 03:32 PM

3,082 posts, read 4,852,030 times
There is clearing going on at a vacant lot on 10th St next to the Shaw Univ building, near Villa Verde.

Old 06-01-2017, 06:42 AM

893 posts, read 1,342,075 times
That whole little area around Villa Verde seems to be slowly on the upswing with the demolition of all these old ratty properties. All the new student apartment complexes being built uptown seem to be having a positive effect on current properties as well...forcing them to renovate their properties, upgrade their amenities and finally do some much needed improvements after having let these properties sit for so many years just collecting cash.

Old 06-01-2017, 09:41 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,595,835 times
I may have missed it, but what's going where they tore down all the apartments? College view I think it was called?

Old 06-01-2017, 12:02 PM

112 posts, read 136,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
I may have missed it, but what's going where they tore down all the apartments? College view I think it was called?
Someone in this thread said it was going to be similar to the boundary. I would love some plans or renderings.

Old 06-01-2017, 01:01 PM

7,189 posts, read 6,811,802 times
Council to vote on student housing market study - Daily Reflector

Council to vote on Bradford Creek management - Daily Reflector

Old 06-01-2017, 01:29 PM

3,082 posts, read 4,852,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
That whole little area around Villa Verde seems to be slowly on the upswing with the demolition of all these old ratty properties. All the new student apartment complexes being built uptown seem to be having a positive effect on current properties as well...forcing them to renovate their properties, upgrade their amenities and finally do some much needed improvements after having let these properties sit for so many years just collecting cash.
Its what I said recently...the Council had the discussion backwards

The discussion isn't what to do with NEW DEVELOPMENT. Its what to do with the crap that's been decaying. Active code enforcement should be conducted because those are the apartments that Greenville doesn't need. Not brand new $40 million complexes. Why on earth would you not want NEW STUFF in good locations.

This is not a new topic either...Georgetowne, Village Green, Stratford Arms, Kings Arms, now College View, and the old Pirates place where the Bankruptcy Courthouse is now have all been demolished...among some others. They were run down and needed to be.

Old 06-02-2017, 11:46 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,761,989 times
Agreement would expand role of ECU police officers - Daily Reflector

Yeah - No - how about we leave it as is. As a non-student resident of Greenville, I don't want to ever deal with an ECU officer, unless I'm I'm on or in the very near vicinity of the campus. I'm fine with the center city aspect of the proposal, as it tends to be heavily saturated with students; but giving them extended jurisdiction anywhere within city limits is a bad idea. Are campus cops supposed to respond to gang-related violence on Myrtle Avenue if they're the closest unit around? I don't think university police are equipped to handle that kind of crime, nor should they be.

Old 06-03-2017, 08:50 AM

3,375 posts, read 6,256,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
Agreement would expand role of ECU police officers - Daily Reflector

Yeah - No - how about we leave it as is. As a non-student resident of Greenville, I don't want to ever deal with an ECU officer, unless I'm I'm on or in the very near vicinity of the campus. I'm fine with the center city aspect of the proposal, as it tends to be heavily saturated with students; but giving them extended jurisdiction anywhere within city limits is a bad idea. Are campus cops supposed to respond to gang-related violence on Myrtle Avenue if they're the closest unit around? I don't think university police are equipped to handle that kind of crime, nor should they be.
To be fair, they are already full-sworn police officers. They are accredited by Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, which is the top accrediting agency. Other agencies accredited by them are the Greenville Police, NC Highway Patrol, Charlotte-Meck, Durham, Raleigh, SBI, Duke University, NCSU, and UNC-CH.

I am sure ECU Police has traveled between the Health Sciences & Main Campus and ran into some red-tape about not being to intervene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina