Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2018, 10:04 AM

455 posts, read 528,089 times

Advertisements

Really excited about these ECU developments in the Uptown area, especially the last two as the contribute to the transformation. I hope that the Alumni Center/Hotel comes online soon and can be completed in a similar time frame with the One Stop building. There has been talk of SupDogs developing a second story? Is that conjecture?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2018, 10:59 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,552,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancisDrake View Post
Really excited about these ECU developments in the Uptown area, especially the last two as the contribute to the transformation. I hope that the Alumni Center/Hotel comes online soon and can be completed in a similar time frame with the One Stop building. There has been talk of SupDogs developing a second story? Is that conjecture?
Agree. So glad ECU is utilizing this land they have sitting around in the Uptown area. I"m hoping with the one-stop building & parking deck, that will free up another lot or two ECU has across the street.

I haven't heard anything about SupDogs, but it's feasible with the new "rooftop bar" policy in Greenville now. I really wish that someone would purchase that corner with SupDogs and the StopShop and build a multi-story commercial building. You could still have a "stopshop" on the first floor, and SupDogs on the 3rd floor with a rooftop patio and ECU or other offices on the 2nd floor.

----------

Pitch business ideas for cash grants - Daily Reflector

Quote:
Every business has a story to tell. It is critical to be able to deliver a concise elevator pitch to investors, partners, or customers. The upcoming CompePITTch'in will provide an open venue for prospective business owners in the community to pitch business ideas for cash grants, practice delivering the pitch, and network with other entrepreneurs.

The CompePITTch'in will take place at 6 p.m. on Feb. 21 at StillLife, located at 511 Cotanche Street. Applications will be accepted until Jan. 31. Finalists will be selected and notified by Feb. 7.

For-profit businesses are eligible to apply. Individual and team entries are welcome. The grand prize will be at least $6,000 with second place earning $3,600, and third place taking home $2,400.

Young entrepreneurs will have a chance to pitch business ideas in a separate contest during a Young Entrepreneurs Pitch competition for middle and high school students to be held at 11 a.m. on Feb. 21 at the ECU Willis Building, 300 E. First Street. Cash and other prizes will be available.

The City of Greenville is partnering with the Pitt County Development Commission, ECU, Pitt Community College, SEED, the Greenville-Pitt County Chamber of Commerce, and Uptown Greenville to host the competitions to promote small business and startup success. Applications are available at growgreenvillenc.com and the websites of the Pitt County Development Commission, Uptown Greenville, Pitt Community College, SEED, and the Greenville-Pitt County Chamber of Commerce.

• CompePITTch'in

Feb. 21, 6 p.m.

Still Life, 511 Cotanche Street

Application Deadline: Jan. 31.

Applications available at http://bit.ly/compePITTchin or on any participating organization's website.

• Young Entrepreneur Pitch Competition for Middle and High School Students in Pitt County

Feb. 21, 2018 at 11 a.m.

ECU Willis Building, 300 East First Street

Application Deadline: Feb. 5.

Applications available at https://goo.gl/forms/lHJKIkCxb95vG3bt2

Old 01-10-2018, 03:37 PM

181 posts, read 241,158 times
Anyone who has seen what happens when universities make significant investments like this are bracing for an explosion of development (the explosion of course drawn back to Greenville's scale), particularly when it comes to the Haynie Building and Biotech building.

Those two projects are going to be absolutely gigantic for Greenville and it will blow people's minds the kind of companies that will be interested in utilizing real estate in that general area to be next door to those beautiful projects along a brand new road project with an arts district right in their backyard.

The investments that the state is making at ECU are a really, really, really big deal.

This will be almost as important to the region as the day that Brody School of Medicine opened.

Old 01-10-2018, 03:49 PM

144 posts, read 189,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
This is an excerpt from a monthly letter that is sent out on campus, I thought I was a fun read as it concerns campus development and buildings...

Who was the author of this article? The reason I ask is the construction schedule seems a little optimistic, but I hope it's not. Is the author someone who is involved in or would know the actual schedules? On ECU's Facilities Engineering and Architectural Services site, the Student Services project is projected to be bid in July 2018, but the "Project Schedule is Under Review". If the author's assertion that construction could begin in July 2018 is true, I suppose the review of the project schedule means that the schedule would be moved up.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:42 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,310 times
^ The provost sends out these letters each month to the campus community.

Old 01-12-2018, 04:59 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,823,240 times
Tenth Street Connector project on schedule for July 2019 - Daily Reflector

Old 01-12-2018, 06:32 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,858,470 times
In terms of timelines and the projects underway...

The Theater is supposed to be done by late April, 2018 per the agreement with CommunitySmith and the City.

The GTAC is supposed to be done by summer 2018.

The two housing projects flanking the Police/Fire Bldg downtown as well as the College View replacement housing project on E 10th St are supposed to be done by Fall 2018

The Student Center on 10th St is supposed to be done by late October, 2018.

The 10th St Connector is supposed to be done by July 2019.

The housing complex across from the Student Center is supposed to be done by Fall 2019.

Anyone can add updates or any other projects that have known dates. Is Greene and/or Fletcher Residence Halls supposed to get facelifts like the other two downtown have?

Old 01-12-2018, 07:32 AM

378 posts, read 419,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
In terms of timelines and the projects underway...

The Theater is supposed to be done by late April, 2018 per the agreement with CommunitySmith and the City.

The GTAC is supposed to be done by summer 2018.

The two housing projects flanking the Police/Fire Bldg downtown as well as the College View replacement housing project on E 10th St are supposed to be done by Fall 2018

The Student Center on 10th St is supposed to be done by late October, 2018.

The 10th St Connector is supposed to be done by July 2019.

The housing complex across from the Student Center is supposed to be done by Fall 2019.

Anyone can add updates or any other projects that have known dates. Is Greene and/or Fletcher Residence Halls supposed to get facelifts like the other two downtown have?
So, they delayed the GTAC project again. It was supposed to be done in late 2017, then spring 2018, now summer 2018. lol

Old 01-12-2018, 10:43 AM

192 posts, read 281,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slay The Great View Post
So, they delayed the GTAC project again. It was supposed to be done in late 2017, then spring 2018, now summer 2018. lol
I was thinking the same thing. How can the Reflector possibly say that it is "roughly on time". Am I way off? Were they just talking about the time frame for finishing the bridge and going over Dickinson Ave?

Old 01-12-2018, 06:30 PM

378 posts, read 419,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Bret Wickstrom View Post
I was thinking the same thing. How can the Reflector possibly say that it is "roughly on time". Am I way off? Were they just talking about the time frame for finishing the bridge and going over Dickinson Ave?
They are overthinking too much I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina