Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2009, 04:40 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,402,656 times

Advertisements

I'm starting this to talk about new Greenville developments that I noticed!!!

-Has anybody been to the intersection of US-264 (end) & B's Barbecue Road, there is a pretty large development going on that I don't know about, if your coming off U.S. 264 end (east direction) then you can see it!!! It's pretty big so does anybody know anything about it??? Here is a link for where it's located...
greenville, nc - Google Maps

-There is a new McDonalds (and only McDonalds) coming to Winterville, it will be located across from Pitt Community College, and on Memorial Drive...

-There is a new CVS, and Walgreen's coming to Winterville at the intersection of Memorial Drive and Fire Tower Road!!!

-In Downtown Greenville there is a few new projects going on
Here is a list that I know of:
*A new Bookstore is going on Dickinson Avenue, right now all you can see is the facade changes
*two 6 level residential buildings will be going on------the name of the development is called Nathiel Village or something like that!!! lol
*A new dormitory will be built on the intersection of Reade Circle and Dickinson Avenue, it will be 6, 7, or 8 levels. Construction started but I believe it is on hold now...
*A new dormitory is under construction at intersection of Pitt St and 1st Street...It will be 4 levels
(Here's a picture of it)

*There are plans for 175 room downtown hotel!!!
*The Greenway Trails have supposedly started construction but I don't know where they are
*A theater (not movie theater) is going to be renovated on the West Side, I forgot the location though.
*The former Imperial plant will be demolished to make way for a new special facility for children not a good description but what I was told isn't a good description either!!! lol
*There is some kind of new development, that I don't know what it is...lol (Here's a picture of it, but I can't remember what it is)

I think that's about it for Downtown
-There is a new development called Carlton Place in the Medical District that will include office and retail!!!

-There is a new hotel coming into the medical district but it hasn't been announced yet, but it is supposed to be upscale...(but knowing how Greenville it could be a Holiday Inn, because they called the Hampton Inn Upscale when it was announced lol)
-Hampton Inn is topped out and is almost complete at the Greenville Convention Center. (Here is a rendering)
http://www.greenvilleconventioncenter.com/images/Hamptong.jpg (broken link)
-The Greenville Convention Center will be renamed and is being expanded!!!
-There is talk that the old Steve and Berry's at the mall will be demolished to make way for nothing!!! lol
-Brown and Wood (Car Dealership) has collaborated both of it's locations into one on Greenville BLVD.
-Eastern Radiologists will build 3 to 5 new buildings behind it's current Breast Imagining Center and one of them will be bigger than the Physicians East Arlington Building...(No renderings but here is a not so good picture of the Physicians East Arlington Building)
http://www.physicianseast.com/images/PEMain.jpg (broken link)
-Here are the plans for the new Greenville Intermodal Transportation Center
http://www.greatnc.com/content/ITC%2...20combined.pdf
-Bear Rock Cafe closed it's location(s), and I Cold Stone Creamery closed a location
-Element Funding opens in Greenville...
http://www.reflector.com/business/element-funding-opens-in-greenville-475190.html (broken link)
-I just saw this in the Reflector today!!! It's talking about the New Detention center opening in three phases
http://www.reflector.com/news/new-detention-center-to-open-in-three-phases-489640.html (broken link)
-Pitt County Schools approved it's building plan...(I hate the way they have South Central out of any plans constantly because we are new...They think that we are fine and our school isn't packed)
http://www.reflector.com/news/school-board-oks-plan-466375.html (broken link)
-This is a new shopping center on Memorial Drive across from Pitt Community College called Fire Tower station...(note McDonalds is going in one of it's out parcels)
http://www.theshoppingcentergroup.co...s/sp000593.pdf
-There is plans for a new children's hospital that will be six levels and the construction is to start in 2010/2011!!!

-These two towers will be the two tallest towers in East Carolina (as long as you don't say Wilmington is in East Carolina lol)...They will be in Washington though...
http://www.livesouth.com/pics/200701...4rendering.jpg

Last edited by BMORE; 03-15-2009 at 05:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 08:05 PM

I'm looking for the plans for the downtown hotel that I mentioned a post back!!! But I did mange to find this district design pdf...

http://www.greenvillenc.gov/uploaded...t%20design.pdf

Old 03-17-2009, 07:25 AM

451 posts, read 1,904,355 times
The unknown picture (building with green roof) above will be a restaurant of some sort. There was an article in the Reflector about it around a month ago.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:48 PM

Cool!!! Do you know what kind of restaurant???

University Commons (Where Target is) now has two available anchor spaces (former Circuit City and former linens and things)....

The small strip mall across from University Commons only has one store, but I'm hearing that another store is interested in that development (SORRY, but I don't know what store)!!!

Old 03-18-2009, 07:13 AM

I'm not sure the exact type of restaurant it is going to be, but I think it'll have a wine shop in it as well.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:20 AM

10 posts, read 115,348 times
I've just moved back into the Greenville area and I'm trying to find an independant coffee shop with great coffee, decent service, cozy (not especially new OR old) surroundings and free Wi-Fi..
Does anyone know of such a place in the Greenville area where a "boomer" might be welcome to just go, read the newspaper, do some mobile computing or just "hang-out"?
I've tried the Panera's, Starbucks etc. etc. etc. and those are not the kind of places I am searching for. I've done some searching online but cannot seem to come up with anything.. Does something like this exist in the Greenville area?

Old 03-18-2009, 05:24 PM

^Try Tipsy Teapot on Evans Street downtown.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:27 PM

Is it any new development's that you guy's know of???

This is a warehouse that is planning to be renovated!!! (I tried to make a urban shot the best I could lol, so I put it in black and white, and took it behind a gate) lol

Here's construction on some new apartments (by the way the economic downfall has halted so there is house construction in Greenville again [it's not even needed yet, but house construction is up 22% across the nation])

This is where Ragazzi's is supposed to be locating along with a some office, it was proposed in 2008 but no construction, and there is a sign of the site-plan!!! (located on Farmville Highway near Greenville BLVD, Allen Road, and etc)!!!

This is the site of a future middle school (not planned yet, but has been proposed before, right beside South Central High School)!!!

Old 03-19-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsn1203 View Post
I've just moved back into the Greenville area and I'm trying to find an independant coffee shop with great coffee, decent service, cozy (not especially new OR old) surroundings and free Wi-Fi..
Does anyone know of such a place in the Greenville area where a "boomer" might be welcome to just go, read the newspaper, do some mobile computing or just "hang-out"?
I've tried the Panera's, Starbucks etc. etc. etc. and those are not the kind of places I am searching for. I've done some searching online but cannot seem to come up with anything.. Does something like this exist in the Greenville area?
I can't really help you because I'm not a coffee person, but here's a list of places!!! lol
Coffee Houses in Greenville, NC on Yahoo! Local

Old 03-19-2009, 08:14 PM

^Ragazzi's used to be in Greenville but it closed and was redeveloped into the strip mall that has Breugger's Bagels. I'm not familiar with the development you are talking about on Allen Road, although I know a lot of new housing is going up out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina