Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2009, 10:50 AM

128 posts, read 628,230 times

Advertisements

Interested in moving to NE NC but within one hour of Virginia Beach. I would prefer to be within 1 hour of both VB and the outer banks. Reason for moving is the congestion, taxes, lack of lot sizes and crime in VB. Would be interested in a house or townhouse that we can live with our dog. Appreciate any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2009, 11:34 AM

917 posts, read 2,299,078 times
Unless you are a fan of farming, conservatives and religious folks you won't be very happy. That said Manteo is all I can think of or somewhere actually on the outer banks.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:40 PM

Thanks Chris but we have to home to before we leap. Wow Ann I've been to Oriental and loved it and Manteo is probably a bit too far and too expensive. I wouldn't mind a farming, conservatiove and religious community.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:49 AM

1,160 posts, read 4,245,036 times
Bob,
You should definitely look at Elizabeth City. I used to live there and could get to Va Beach and the Outer Banks in about an hour. Folks there go to both places a lot, especially Nags Head becuz it's a little closer. ECity is a conservative religious community, surrounded by farm land. It's on a river, has a historic district, river homes, and suburbs. The Coast Guard base is on the outskirts, very active high school, hospital, community college and university. There is just enough shopping and so forth to not have to go anywhere else for what you would normally want to live comfortably. No traffic, small town feel, low crime with the usual drug exceptions, and a lovely place in spring, which is going on right now there.

Just drive on down to ECity, ride up and down Main and Church Streets where the big two-story Victorians are, to see the dogwoods in bloom that line those streets. Pick up a newspaper and eat at "Groupers" right on the water in the downtown part. From its deck, there is a bridge on the left and one on the right. Drive over the bridge on the right, takes you into Riverside, pretty neighborhood. The bridge on the left takes you into Camden, a little more rural, and that is also the way to get to Nags Head. Have fun!
GG

Old 03-25-2009, 02:36 PM

Thanks gigimac. I thought Elizabeth City would be too far out but maybe you've changed my mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina