U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2009, 03:06 PM
ula ula started this thread

2 posts, read 6,693 times

Advertisements

Hello,
My husband and I are moving from Arizonia To North Carolina. We are origonally from Santa Cruz CA and miss the ocean and my husband really misses surfing. We have two children, a 3 and 7year old. Schools are very important and a neighborhood with other families is also important. My husband and I are flying out to Wilmington next week, we can only afford to stay a few days so we need to spend our time wisely. If anyone can give us advise on Ogden, Writsville, Masonboro and any where that has what we are looking for we would greatly appriciate it.
Thank you, Ula
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 04:22 PM

49 posts, read 136,869 times
we live in Marsh Oaks, technically Ogden but close to Porter's Neck too. Great neighborhood, tons of kids, wonderful club house with tennis and a pool! I think we are zoned for ogden ele. but lots of kids get into eaton (year round). Our child goes to Friends School of Wilmington, It is a fantastic montessori school! We love it there and in Wilmington!! Good Luck!

Old 04-28-2009, 11:27 AM
ula ula started this thread

2 posts, read 6,693 times
Wilmintonmon, thankyou for your imformation. I have read another post about friends school of Wilmington, my daughter went to Montessori school in California, however we can no longer afford to send her to a Montessori school until are finances get back to normal-hopefully soon. Next week my husband and I will be in Wilmington, if you can let us know any Community papers that are good for house rentals let us know. Your neighbnoerhood sounds very nice, we live in a beautifull house with a community pool and playground. It's not very friendly though, people tend to stay indoors because it's very hot and dusty. We can't wait to smell the ocean air! Thank you again for being so kind and writing such nice things about Wilmington, it's so scary moving when you have kids, I just want to find a safe friendly envirorment to raise them in. Thank you!!!

Old 04-28-2009, 12:01 PM

4 posts, read 11,200 times
I also recommend Hampstead, which is about 10 miles from Ogden and has many communities along the Topsail Sound & intracoastal waterway. It's a few miles from the ocean at Topsail Island. Hampstead is in Pender County, whereas Ogden, Wilmington & Wrightsville Beach are in New Hanover County. The Hampstead public schools (elementary, middle & high) are all rated among the top 5 of all NC public schools, much higher rated than any of the New Hanover County schools. Good luck, you'll love it here!!

Old 08-26-2009, 09:41 AM

1 posts, read 2,948 times
Default Retirement in wilmington

My husband and i are looking to move to the wilmington area and would love to find a 55+ community that we can afford...we intend to spend about 130,000...got any info?

Old 08-27-2009, 01:39 PM

70 posts, read 161,846 times
What are the ammenities you would be looking for? One level living or stairs? Do you want HOA dues? I don't think people market their places age specific but there are websites that will break the data down for you .

Old 08-29-2009, 09:32 AM

10 posts, read 49,438 times
Hi Ula,
My husband and I are also moving from AZ to NC. We have 2 kids and have settled on the Hampstead area partly because of the well rated schools. We also like the size and the proximity to Wilmington. When are you planning on moving or did you already?
Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or