U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2009, 09:44 PM

12 posts, read 25,938 times

Advertisements

I am planning on moving to Wilmington at the end of August. I would like to have a job lined up before I make the move (from Virginia). Are there any Web sites, papers, etc. that list job opportunities in Wilmington? Anything will be helpful. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2009, 12:28 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,211,237 times
the paper for the city is the wilmington star. www.wilmingtonstar.com. also try craigs list. I will tell you this though. do NOT move here without a job. NC has unemployment numbers on par with michigan, and tourist towns like here are being hit really hard. you will also be shocked at how little jobs here pay coming from VA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithca2 View Post
I am planning on moving to Wilmington at the end of August. I would like to have a job lined up before I make the move (from Virginia). Are there any Web sites, papers, etc. that list job opportunities in Wilmington? Anything will be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:55 PM

332 posts, read 1,312,991 times
Agreed... I've followed the Wilmington job market VERY closely for the last 5 years... and there have been weeks where fewer than 20 new jobs are available area-wide.

Good luck with your relocation.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:36 AM

700 posts, read 2,943,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithca2 View Post
I would not recommend coming here without a job. There's a lot of places closing right now which is making it even more difficult. You can not survive here without a decent job because the cost of living is high and the wages are low.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:24 PM

5 posts, read 21,050 times
Oh I just saw this post. Please do not make the mistake I made. There are NO jobs here. I repeat NO jobs here! I am now at the crisis point with a mortgage and very very little income coming in. Yes it is a beautiful area and all with the beach and no snow in the winter etc. but not much fun if you don't have the income to survive.

Old 09-05-2009, 04:15 PM

36 posts, read 127,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Clay View Post
Oh I just saw this post. Please do not make the mistake I made. There are NO jobs here. I repeat NO jobs here! I am now at the crisis point with a mortgage and very very little income coming in. Yes it is a beautiful area and all with the beach and no snow in the winter etc. but not much fun if you don't have the income to survive.
..WELL how about BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGAW!!!!!

Old 09-06-2009, 08:23 AM

3,071 posts, read 7,824,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Clay View Post

what field do u work in? Here's also a lil tip about jobs in NC that I've found true from the Capital to the Coast, for private and federal jobs. Nepotism is alive and well. Alot of jobs won't even be publicly advertised. Networking is the key.

Old 09-07-2009, 01:49 PM

160 posts, read 699,775 times
There are good paying jobs available in Wilmington if you have descent qualifications and if you go out and look for them. I just searched PPD's website and found 7 open positions for Wilmington (IT, management, financial analyst, clinical quality assurance, ect.) and I only searched one major corporation in our area. You could also check Corning and GE. If you happen to be in the medical field, one of the local hospitals will pay you a sign on bonus to relocate here. There's also plenty of entry level jobs available (retail and food) which won't pay much but it's a job.

PPD: https://ppdi.taleo.net/careersection...tal=2140471461
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina