Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2009, 03:42 PM

375 posts, read 912,319 times

Advertisements

Hi there!

I moved from FL coast and inland, and am missing beach too much -- looking to move to NC coast or St Aug as I loved both areas. Wondering if insurance on houses is killing you guys in NC like it is in FL? Can anyone give me an idea of what it is running(non oceanfront houses) - just near beaches in and around the coastal areas?

Thanks for any general figures...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 06:24 AM

214 posts, read 822,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaelb View Post
Hi there!

I moved from FL coast and inland, and am missing beach too much -- looking to move to NC coast or St Aug as I loved both areas. Wondering if insurance on houses is killing you guys in NC like it is in FL? Can anyone give me an idea of what it is running(non oceanfront houses) - just near beaches in and around the coastal areas?

Thanks for any general figures...
Your best bet is to contact several insurance companies to ascertain costs. Costs will vary depending on where you are looking. Also keep in mind that some areas have now been deemed to be in flood zones, after FEMA redid the flood maps, and although inexpensive, about $200 to $300 per year, it is something to consider. Once again, check with insurance companies. I would be happy to refer you to a reputable company, if you would like to DM me.
The Beach Plan insurance rate hikes are still in limbo I believe, several bills have been submitted to stop the increases, that were approved while Easley was Gov. He himself now is under heavy scrutiny as is his wife, and several land developers in the Charlotte area. It's dirty politics as usual, and I haven't heard where the Beach Plan is currently standing at this point. Anyone out there, have any updated news on the Beach Plan?
Let us know if we can help and welcome to the forum!

Old 05-17-2009, 08:25 PM

375 posts, read 912,319 times
Thank you, those are great ideas!! This is why I love the forum -- everyone is SO helpful!!

Another, off this topic question -- I noticed when I went through the NC shore near Cape Carteret (I am not sure what beach exactly it was but it was on the island) that a lot of houses are built in lines from the beach instead of traditional neighborhoods. (not sure how to explain this exactly). Is there a NC beach that has the more traditional neighborhoods w/the sidewalks in front of the houses, or is this the way that most of the beaches were developed? Just wondering, thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina