Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2009, 06:06 PM

238 posts, read 668,961 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to stay at Carolina/Kure Beach for a night or two? We just have two people (the wife and I) and it doesn't need to be too fancy. Just clean and on or very close to the beach.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 06:17 PM

154 posts, read 389,403 times
My family stayed at the Golden Sands in CB a few years ago and it was fine. Nothing special, but meets your requirements.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:23 PM

820 posts, read 2,787,022 times
Just came back from Carolina Beach for a wedding. The only beach front and large/major hotel chain I think I saw there was the Courtyard Marriott. There are plenty of one or two story beach motels if that is what you're looking for but I remember many being across the street from the beach. Based on what I saw *I* would not chose anything other than the Marriott.

You might also consider Wrightsville which is pretty much the same distance but closer by a few minutes (I think). There they have the Holiday Inn Sunspree plus a couple of other options.

If you do end up at Carolina Beach however, make SURE you eat at Britt's Doughnut Shop on the boardwalk. AMAZING. Havanah's is a great place for moderately priced dinner for two and the Trolley Stop (which has a couple of other locations in Wrightville etc.) is a good place for a lunchtime hotdog.

Have a great getaway!

Old 05-19-2009, 06:26 PM

345 posts, read 1,059,955 times
I've stayed at this place quite a few times. You can walk to a lot of things from here, and most of the rooms are oceanfront. Price isn't bad. Rooms have refrigerators, some with small stoves. It's not "fancy", but last time I was there (a couple of years ago), it was clean.

http://www.beachhouseinnandsuites.com/

There are higher end hotels down there, lower end too...it's just a matter of what you'd like to spend, and what you'd like to be near.

There are a few more at this website:

http://www.pleasureislandnc.org/

Have fun...it's a nice beach. If you go to Wilmington, check out the Serpentarium!!

Old 05-19-2009, 06:37 PM

124 posts, read 292,828 times
I agree with tlh1005. I went to Carolina Beach (thinking it was Wrightsville Beach). We did stay at the Marriot and it was really nice, not so sure about the surrounding neighborhood, not really my idea of a nice weekend, but it was off season. I then drove up to Wrightsville and the Holiday Inn was gorgeous, am definitely considering staying there at some point. Have fun.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:53 PM

820 posts, read 2,787,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherNYer View Post
I agree with tlh1005. I went to Carolina Beach (thinking it was Wrightsville Beach). We did stay at the Marriot and it was really nice, not so sure about the surrounding neighborhood, not really my idea of a nice weekend, but it was off season. I then drove up to Wrightsville and the Holiday Inn was gorgeous, am definitely considering staying there at some point. Have fun.
If you liked the Marriott you would love the Sunspree in Wrightsville. We stay there a lot. Many of the rooms have whirlpools in-room (not just in the bathroom where no one really cares about it - at least not me).

Old 05-20-2009, 06:29 AM

932 posts, read 3,096,607 times
We also stay at the Golden Sands. The non-smoking rooms are in the newer tower. The rooms are just as nice as the Marriott at 1/2 the price and they're all ocean front. If you're looking for a place with a restaurant and a pretty lobby go to the Marriott.

There aren't a lot of hotels at Carolina and Kure. We've also stayed at The Dolphin Lane and Kure Keys. Both are smaller motels, but they were clean and the staff was friendly. Carolina and Kure beaches are a different experience than Myrtle. I appreciate all of the small motels that have been there forever. Have a great time![SIZE=6][/SIZE]

Old 05-20-2009, 07:02 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,399,264 times
i second/third golden sands.
clean and reasonably , right on the ocean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina