U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2007, 12:21 PM

1 posts, read 9,194 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am considering a move to the North Carolina Coast. Has anyone been to Topsail Island for vacation?
Or any residents out there that would like to share their thoughts?
I would appreciate it greatly.

Thank You,
Tony
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2007, 12:54 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,498,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antne56 View Post
Hello,

I am considering a move to the North Carolina Coast. Has anyone been to Topsail Island for vacation?

Thank You,
Tony
Read the thread below - Favorite coastal towns/beaches. You will get loads of great info from the poster DSOBOTTA

http://www.city-data.com/forum/north...h-cottage.html

Old 04-11-2007, 04:24 PM

1,261 posts, read 3,895,391 times
My family and I went to Topsail Island last Summer for vacation. (Stayed on Topsail Beach.) We really liked it. A couple small hotels, lots of houses, a few small businesses. If you go and if you like pizza, I highly recommend Long Island Pizza in Surf City. Awesome New York style pizza. We ate there 2 or 3 times.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:22 PM

7 posts, read 63,523 times
I can tell you that I have spent time on all the beaches in North Carolina and there is nothing like Topsail Island. The sand is powdery white, the water is clear, and the island has a very laid back tropical vibe. I was surprised to see a number of alligators on the golf course, but other than that, it's absolute paradise! What I like about Topsail is that it has the sleepy-beach town feel even more so than the outer banks, but it is only 20 minutes from Wilmington, which has all the amenities of a big city but with the old deep south historic district too. Topsail Island is the very best that I have experienced on the Carolina coast. I have been looking at real estate there on Welcome to ExploreTopsail.com and have found it very helpful. Good Luck!

Old 12-22-2008, 07:07 AM

956 posts, read 3,590,053 times
We have rented a house for a week each of the last 2 summers. As previous poster mentioned, it is very laid back. If you like the beach, you'll love it, if you're looking for boardwalk, forget it. We did have 1 very nasty storm this past summer, took out cable blew shingles off roofs, .... We'll be back for a week next summer.

Old 12-22-2008, 07:29 PM

316 posts, read 905,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antne56 View Post
Hello,

Thank You,
Tony
The off season is fantastic as well if you like quiet and relaxation. We will be spending Christmas and New Years at a rental there. Great rates this time of the year as well.

Old 12-29-2008, 05:54 PM

11 posts, read 63,434 times
Love the Topsail/Surf City area. Got married at Topsail Beach last year

Old 12-31-2008, 11:34 PM

1 posts, read 7,787 times
I got married at Topsail Beach last year too. She left me shortly thereafter for the pool boy.

Old 01-01-2009, 02:15 PM

11 posts, read 63,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvinny View Post
I got married at Topsail Beach last year too. She left me shortly thereafter for the pool boy.
Ahhh...we don't have a pool

Old 04-22-2011, 09:04 AM

2,303 posts, read 5,169,207 times
I just returned from Topsail Island a few days ago. This was my third visit and it gets better every time we return. I find it to be very laid back. Many people seem to be very nice (won't say the same about all the visitors--I thought everyone I waved to would wave back or smile, but that didn't happen....oh well--but the locals who were working at the establishments we visited were great), and there's some great food on the island. Max's Pizza was awesome, as was Batson's, which is a seafood restaurant (though it was a bit pricey compared to what I'm used to paying for a fish plate). It's not commercial at all like Myrtle Beach, which could be a bore to some, and things close up early, so if you're okay with that, then you'll be fine. Topsail isn't far at all from Wilmington--from our place in Surf City it took about 20 minutes. One of the most beautiful things ever occurred when we first arrived--those really bad storms that caused all the tornadoes and fatalities in Eastern NC had finally gone offshore and things cleared out really quickly. We looked outside and the storms were deep over the Atlantic with a ton of lightning while the moon persevered over the mainland and island....I will never forget how pretty that was. I know this post was resurrected from years ago, but if the OP and anyone else considering Topsail reads it, I hope it makes a difference....it's definitely a gem!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina