U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2009, 02:20 PM

4 posts, read 6,423 times

Advertisements

I'm looking into buying a condo in Wilmington. There seem to be a bunch in the area around S College Rd, Market St, and Oleander Dr. They range from $80,000 to $120,000+. The price is good and the location is central between downtown and Wrightsville beach. I'm assuming 10 minutes to either one.

My questions is, are these mainly for UNCW students? If these condos are populated mainly with students it might not work for me. I have nothing against students, but I have a family and the party scene wouldn't work.

Some of the condos I've been looking at are on the following streets Clearwater ct, Colony Woods on Cobblestone dr, McClelland, Forest Park, Litchfield way.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 03:21 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,208,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone66 View Post
I'm looking into buying a condo in Wilmington. There seem to be a bunch in the area around S College Rd, Market St, and Oleander Dr. They range from $80,000 to $120,000+. The price is good and the location is central between downtown and Wrightsville beach. I'm assuming 10 minutes to either one.

My questions is, are these mainly for UNCW students? If these condos are populated mainly with students it might not work for me. I have nothing against students, but I have a family and the party scene wouldn't work.

Some of the condos I've been looking at are on the following streets Clearwater ct, Colony Woods on Cobblestone dr, McClelland, Forest Park, Litchfield way.

Thanks
it's going to be closer to 20 minutes to the beach depending on traffic, but it's not a big deal. it's a good time to buy a condo with all the market saturation going on. if I were you, I would look at the breezewood complex. it's the 28409 zip code. I looked at them before I bought my house and they are pretty nice as far as condos go. big too, around 1500 square feet. they might be about $10k more than you are looking, but it's easy to get a deal on a condo.

Old 06-18-2009, 07:28 PM

160 posts, read 699,405 times
If you can swing a $130-150k purchase price you can buy a new construction condo (2 bedroom, 2 bath) in Wilmington. The builders are marking down prices because they are sitting on a large amount of inventory and the new stuff is a MUCH better deal than the existing condos. However if you decide to purchase an existing unit, go waaayyy low on the offer. (like 90% of the asking price)

Check Valleygate Villas (existing) and The Gardens or Bellingham Park (new construction). And I too like Breezewood. Those condos are huge and cheap. Again, low ball offer.

BTW, the college student population drops significantly once you get 4-5 miles away from the University. (Monkey Junction, Carolina Beach Road, Castle Hayne, ect)

Last edited by NCGT; 06-18-2009 at 07:39 PM..

Old 06-21-2009, 03:02 AM

332 posts, read 1,312,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
it's going to be closer to 20 minutes to the beach depending on traffic, but it's not a big deal. it's a good time to buy a condo with all the market saturation going on. if I were you, I would look at the breezewood complex. it's the 28409 zip code. I looked at them before I bought my house and they are pretty nice as far as condos go. big too, around 1500 square feet. they might be about $10k more than you are looking, but it's easy to get a deal on a condo.
breezewood is 28412...

and I agree, it's a cheap, nice family style complex... WAY nicer than the ones you mention on S college road. however, you are limited to the 2b/2ba set up

monkey junction has a ton of great condos with more being built all of the time

agreed with the above poster about deals on new ones...

good luck in your search...

ps, as a general rule, yes, things around the college will have college students... in fact, in wilm, you'd be hard pressed to find a development without some student infiltration...

some (breezewood, those on honeybee lane and merestone, ashley whatever...) are more family oriented than others...

Old 06-21-2009, 09:57 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,175 posts, read 5,208,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformationPlease View Post
breezewood is 28412...

and I agree, it's a cheap, nice family style complex... WAY nicer than the ones you mention on S college road. however, you are limited to the 2b/2ba set up

monkey junction has a ton of great condos with more being built all of the time

agreed with the above poster about deals on new ones...

good luck in your search...

ps, as a general rule, yes, things around the college will have college students... in fact, in wilm, you'd be hard pressed to find a development without some student infiltration...

some (breezewood, those on honeybee lane and merestone, ashley whatever...) are more family oriented than others...
my bad.

Old 07-25-2009, 04:49 PM

2 posts, read 3,101 times
Hi if what you need is a condo in a particular place, I think you will have to use professional websites about that. I think that you can find some of them at this place Buy condos house online, House Condos, Rent condos house online, online shopping reviews, review comparison | Shopcarefully . I see that they are listing 12 websites about the subject and I'm sure you can find one that can help you with your matter. It's up to you to choose what suit you. Hope that this information will help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina