U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 01:11 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,633,638 times

Advertisements

okay , good folks

does any store , person sell cornhole games in wilmington?
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 03:16 PM

431 posts, read 1,011,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
okay , good folks

does any store , person sell cornhole games in wilmington?
thanks
What exactly is cornhole?

Old 06-29-2009, 05:11 PM

45 posts, read 155,161 times
A variation of a bean bag toss with a platform that with a hole that you try to throw the bean bag into. Typically the platforms are emblazoned with team colors, logos, etc. It's evidently a popular sport these days, though for the life of me, I can't figure out why.

I'd much rather get in a game of beach quoits than to lug a big platform and some bean bags to the beach. But, it obviously holds dear to many beach goers hearts and is real popular with college students.

Old 06-29-2009, 06:05 PM
LLN

4,981 posts, read 8,746,889 times
Every one I have seen/played has been homemade.

Old 06-29-2009, 11:29 PM

983 posts, read 3,523,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
Every one I have seen/played has been homemade.

That's exactly what I was going to say. I've NEVER seen it in a store anywhere...they've all been homemade.

Old 06-30-2009, 06:26 AM

1,958 posts, read 2,633,638 times
well , we bought a game on line, google cornhole and you will have a hundred sites come up.
some cheaper than others.
we actually intend to play this game on the lawn , not on the beach , most people play the game in the backyard. there is a lightweight plastic version one can lug to the beach.

as far as it being a fun game , i rather like bocce myself but once you start playing cornhole it is hard to stop. a very simple basic game anyone can play.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:30 AM
LLN

4,981 posts, read 8,746,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
...but once you start playing cornhole it is hard to stop. a very simple basic game anyone can play.
My trout (mountain) fishing group kind of surrendered to the dang game. Got to the point that some of the younger guys played all night, and could not get up for breakfast or to go to the streams on time. I am to uncoordinated and to poor a player to reach that level of affliction, but for some it was addicting.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:50 AM

44 posts, read 229,282 times
Last year I couldn't figure out what my neighbor was doing. Turns out they were playing this. Kinda dumb if you ask me. I call em cornballs every time I see them doing it.

Old 07-04-2009, 08:19 AM

15 posts, read 59,161 times
If they have a Dick's Sporting Goods around Wilmington try there. I purchased one at Dicks a couple weeks ago.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:25 AM

144 posts, read 608,383 times
Up until about six month ago I had never heard of cornhole. This summer when I went to the OBX(Nagshead), on vacation, I saw several families playing this out on the beach. It's kind of a safer version of horseshoes. One of the families had a homemade set but the other 3 or 4 had store bought professionally done sets. Then when I came home from vacation back to Moyock, NC I find that the local hardware store has cornhole sets for sale out front. I think we're seeing a cornhole explosion in the making!
I prefer Bocce!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina