U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 08:20 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,966,944 times

Advertisements

Stoney,

You continue to amaze me!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 08:47 AM

784 posts, read 1,636,719 times
biscy.... we're all living on borrowed time anyway.... so I'll bring the sausage and peppers for the picnic.... someone else can get the beer...... you only live once..... why get ulcers worrying about something that you have no control over.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:26 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,715,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laura donnell View Post
Tbut i am sooooooooooooo worried because it is so close to the new brunswick nuclear reactor. my husband and if are questioning the
safety and logic of such a move especially after japan. same kind of facility, and although we don't get quakes or tsunamis .................
Bear in mind the Japanese earthquake was the fifth largest quake ever recorded. The Japanese are handling the situation, and I've seen quotes from people in Tokyo that the Western press coverage overstates the hysteria there. The fact is, there was no meltdown in spite of the seriousness of the event, and the Japanese are getting on with their lives ... Disneyland just reopened in Tokyo.

Any day now, the Yellowstone supervolcano could erupt or an asteroid could hit Wilmington or one of a thousand other disasters could occur. We all choose whether to live our lives in fear, or to take acceptable risks and move forward. For me, the nearness of a nuclear power plant is at the bottom of my list of things to consider when I move somewhere ... hurricanes on the coast would be a much more significant factor in considering Wilmington, along with job availability, cost of living, crime rate.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:32 AM

Very wise of you Vasily..... as a matter of fact, since you mention it, I am in the market for an asteroid warning system at this very moment, I'm not having much luck though, it doesn't google.

Old 04-15-2011, 10:10 AM

1,696 posts, read 3,997,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecreek67 View Post
Very wise of you Vasily..... as a matter of fact, since you mention it, I am in the market for an asteroid warning system at this very moment, I'm not having much luck though, it doesn't google.

i have an uncle who works for NASA who probably has access to such a thing ...

and i said... i got the beer covered

Old 04-15-2011, 10:21 AM

This is great news.... the beer is covered AND the asteroid disgronificator too...... gee whiz that's great news.

Old 04-15-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
This is great news.... the beer is covered AND the asteroid disgronificator too...... gee whiz that's great news.
i know... im so very useful LOL

course, with enough beer, we might not be able to make the asteroid disgronificator work. but after more than enough beer... we really wont care anymore LOL

Old 04-15-2011, 01:03 PM

You are correct Ms Donym ..... the asteroid disgronifictors' functionality matters not at all, its' presence at the picnic was really just to comfort the lovely Laura and of course my main man Leeroy.

Besides, if NASA has not been able to accurately track incoming asteroids, what chance do we have, as amateurs, of workin' the %@*&% thing anyway...... I see its' true function as an oblisque at the center of the picnic with everyone just sitting around and staring at it in amazement and wonder..... much like the cavemen sat around looking at the very first campfire and throwing some freshly butchered Brontosaurus ribs on the fire just to see what might happen.

Old 04-15-2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:
You are correct Ms Donym ..... the asteroid disgronifictors' functionality matters not at all, its' presence at the picnic was really just to comfort the lovely Laura and of course my main man Leeroy.

Besides, if NASA has not been able to accurately track incoming asteroids, what chance do we have, as amateurs, of workin' the %@*&% thing anyway...... I see its' true function as an oblisque at the center of the picnic with everyone just sitting around and staring at it in amazement and wonder..... much like the cavemen sat around looking at the very first campfire and throwing some freshly butchered Brontosaurus ribs on the fire just to see what might happen.

LOL and hmmm speaking of, i think we need to toss some ribs on with the sausages!

Old 04-15-2011, 03:30 PM

Well, you are correct once again, I believe the menu will have to include some ribs along with the sausages....... Bronto ribs may be tough to find though..... may just have to settle on some domestic porcine product.

BTW.... I would address you lovingly as "Suey".... but it reminds me of the hog calling contest I attended one time a few years back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina