U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 11:16 AM

1,350 posts, read 3,310,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofbytes View Post
The southeast primarily. I've been to wilmington and like it. I do a lot of travel and it's close to a highway and has a nice small but reasonable airport. Plus considering I'm coming from up north, anything under 500K is affordable and appears that I can get good value.

However, I'm not "married" to the idea of just the southeast if there's value out there. Our two priorities are 2 or 3 acres and being as close to the ocean as possible.

We grew up in RI and was always 15 minutes from the ocean....we're looking to replicate that in a warmer climate
I will be watching this thread closely. This is was I am looking for in the next 5-10 years. You can never plan too far ahead
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 07:17 AM

197 posts, read 876,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofbytes View Post
The southeast primarily. I've been to wilmington and like it. I do a lot of travel and it's close to a highway and has a nice small but reasonable airport. Plus considering I'm coming from up north, anything under 500K is affordable and appears that I can get good value.

However, I'm not "married" to the idea of just the southeast if there's value out there. Our two priorities are 2 or 3 acres and being as close to the ocean as possible.

We grew up in RI and was always 15 minutes from the ocean....we're looking to replicate that in a warmer climate
I would go to a realtor website and do a map or postal code search and enter the price and acreage range you are looking for --- intracoastal realty, laney realty, century 21, coldwell banker, etc. most of those have that kind of search--- search in pender, new hanover and brunswick counties. It might be hard to find 3 acres and a house at that price range --- if you don't mind living in the "country" might could find acreage and build a house --- best bet for that would probably be Brunswick or Pender County -- if you are looking for a house in a development, it is very rare to find that much acreage (in that price range)

Last edited by NCSC; 07-10-2009 at 07:18 AM.. Reason: clarification of acreage at that price range

Old 07-10-2009, 07:21 AM

291 posts, read 766,356 times
You might want to search this forum for info on Hampstead - there is a lot of property between Hwy 17 and I-40 that might suit you.

Old 07-10-2009, 07:32 AM

197 posts, read 876,520 times
out of curiosity i did a search at intracoastalrealty.com for 2+ acres with at least 2500 sq ft. home at a limit of $500,000 in new hanover, brunswick and pender and there were 19 hits. check it out -- should be helpful to you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina