U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2009, 09:07 PM

86 posts, read 293,489 times

Advertisements

Are there any NC coastal cities with lots of theatre? I want to move out of the desert and am looking for a warm climate on the coast with a lot of theatre opportunities - regional, community, etc., etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 09:41 PM

60 posts, read 166,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabsinger1 View Post
Are there any NC coastal cities with lots of theatre? I want to move out of the desert and am looking for a warm climate on the coast with a lot of theatre opportunities - regional, community, etc., etc.
Umm... that would be Wilmington.

(Of course, that depends on what you mean by "a lot"... in comparison to,say....Boston? But I still think Wilmington is probably your best bet - with the film industry being there, too, it's a pretty "theatric" city.)

These are the two of the main areas of action:

Thalian Hall Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., Wilmington, NC

Level 5 at City Stage

Old 07-09-2009, 05:39 AM
LLN

4,981 posts, read 8,742,906 times
New Bern has two community theaters. Lots of local support, too.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:08 PM

21 posts, read 38,571 times
Default Wilmington film / movie / theater type culture

Questions often pop up about the film / movie making / theater environment in Wilmington. The town's cultural offerings do include a good number of live theaters, many putting on original plays. And yup, Wilmington is the second busiest permanent movie filming soundstage location after Hollywood.

Quite a bit of independent film making going on here too. The local paper info site (the newspaper calls it myreporter.com) even posted a page with details on an independent film festival happening here annually:

What is the Cucalorus Film Festival | MyReporter.com
has info on the film festival, along with some answers to questions on our local television filming industry as well, like "how do I get on One Tree Hill?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina