U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-25-2009, 09:44 AM
 
57 posts, read 240,665 times
Reputation: 32

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a realtor in the area who handles non-vacation rentals? I will not consider buying right now under any circumstances, nor am I interested in rent-to-own or a seasonal or short-term rental. I will be relocating for work, so I'll need something year-round. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

GC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-25-2009, 09:51 AM
 
57 posts, read 240,665 times
Reputation: 32
Default I should also mention...

...that I'm considering Carolina Beach as well, but Wrightsville is my first choice as I'd prefer to be closer to downtown. Thanks!

GC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2009, 06:34 AM
 
214 posts, read 736,516 times
Reputation: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlygc View Post
Can anyone recommend a realtor in the area who handles non-vacation rentals? I will not consider buying right now under any circumstances, nor am I interested in rent-to-own or a seasonal or short-term rental. I will be relocating for work, so I'll need something year-round. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

GC
Craigslist is a good place to start, and Intracoastal Real Estate handles rentals, just call their rental department.
Also, does your company provide any type of relocation assistance?
Good luck and welcome!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2009, 11:34 AM
 
57 posts, read 240,665 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by seashellbelle View Post
Craigslist is a good place to start, and Intracoastal Real Estate handles rentals, just call their rental department.
Also, does your company provide any type of relocation assistance?
Good luck and welcome!!!
Thanks for your response!

I have tried calling Intracoastal; I guess they don't keep anyone at the office b/c no one ever answers. I did leave a message, so hopefully someone will get back to me soon. I've been looking on craigslist for awhile now - there's not much listed there for Wrightsville beach in the way of long term rentals. Still, I'd love to speak with someone who really knows the area well who could give me some inside info.

I plan on asking for relocation assistance too, but will only do so once they get back to me with a firm and acceptable offer. Thanks again!

GC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2009, 12:32 PM
 
Location: Sneads Ferry, NC
18 posts, read 87,719 times
Reputation: 12
Default Wrightsville Beach Long Term

GC,
I moved to Wilmington 18 months ago for work and have rented on Wrightsville Beach the entire time I've been here. I originally found my townhome in Channelwalk through Remax Coastal, you should be able to reach them at 910-344-0467 and ask for Karen or Gail. They have always been easy to work with and know a lot about the area.

I usually check up on long-term rentals on WB and you should be able to find something but be prepared to pay a little higher rent then you would find in Wilmington, but IMO it's worth it.

Jason
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2009, 01:59 PM
 
57 posts, read 240,665 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfgruner View Post
GC,
I moved to Wilmington 18 months ago for work and have rented on Wrightsville Beach the entire time I've been here. I originally found my townhome in Channelwalk through Remax Coastal, you should be able to reach them at 910-344-0467 and ask for Karen or Gail. They have always been easy to work with and know a lot about the area.

I usually check up on long-term rentals on WB and you should be able to find something but be prepared to pay a little higher rent then you would find in Wilmington, but IMO it's worth it.

Jason
Thanks Jason! I called them and left a message. I don't mind paying more to be close to the beach. I've been waiting my entire life for this!

GC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2009, 12:36 PM
 
86 posts, read 293,489 times
Reputation: 32
JFGruner, do you have a website for that Remax Coastal office? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2009, 12:50 PM
 
22,769 posts, read 26,201,775 times
Reputation: 14558
You go to:

Google.com

and you type in:

Remax Wilmington NC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2009, 02:41 PM
 
Location: Sneads Ferry, NC
18 posts, read 87,719 times
Reputation: 12
WB is great, I don't plan on leaving anytime soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2010, 11:28 AM
 
20 posts, read 42,721 times
Reputation: 11
thanks all!! I have found thes post very helpful. I am coming to the area on my third area, have done a lot of research and these post have confirmed my thoughts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top