U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2009, 06:56 AM

291 posts, read 843,577 times

Advertisements

Hi!

I did a quick search here and didn't find any specifics on actual beach house rentals, but only on rental companies.

Can anyone recommend a nice beach house for a family of four? Maybe a place you already know, rented or visited. Looking for a (very) CLEAN 3 bedroom house in kid-friendly beach. I would prefer to have ocean view, a short walk to the beach and air conditioning. Feel free to send me a direct message if you don't want to post here.

We are planning to rent for one week during Summer 2010.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 08:07 AM

362 posts, read 899,314 times
I have used the following rental companies in the past for renting on Hatteras Island. If you go to their websites you can enter all your requirements and see the houses. Midget Realty, Outer beaches, Sun realty and Surf or Sound. Good luck

Old 07-29-2009, 09:12 AM

135 posts, read 569,289 times
We always use Atlantic Sun Realty since they're the ones that rent the house that we like to stay in. We always rent a large Sea Dreams House in Atlantic Beach. It's more expensive than the other places but when you have 14 people it's hard to find a nice place for everyone to stay together.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:55 PM

10 posts, read 23,411 times
Hi--
Right this minute we're in a wonderful house in Rodanthe, a small town. The house, Rodanthe Respite, is rented by Midgett. We've always had good luck dealing with this rental company. Rodanthe Respite is a beachfront property with 4 bedrooms, 4 full bathrooms, a pool, and hot tub. It had be more house than you need, but I recommend it highly. It is air conditioned and very clean. This time of year there aren't kids on the beach but I'm sure there would be in summer.

Good luck! The search is half the fun.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:04 PM

111 posts, read 166,359 times
I dont know where you live, but if you can, wait until the last minute. We got a Ocean front house for half price by booking on Wednesday for the very next week. There was over 500 properties available on hatteras Island in the middle of July. This is not typical for the area but the economy really has put a hurting on the summer rental market.

Now Midgette, Surf orSound, Outer Beaches and Hatteras realty have all been great for Hatteras island. No fast food on the island and very uncrowded beaches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina