U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 07:30 PM

8 posts, read 47,910 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,

I am looking into the posibility of transfering to UNCW next fall from a community college up in the Winston-Salem area. I was wondering if anyone could help me out about the school. How is it, how are the classes, professors, ect. Any information would be helpful. i will be transfering in as a junior with all of my Basic Requirements. I am wanting to major in Biology.

Also some help with the city itself would be nice. i will be living in Kure Beach at my families house, but i am wondering how everyday life is, from a residents point of view, not a tourist like mine.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 02:28 PM

3,574 posts, read 13,113,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndshdr07 View Post
Hey everyone,

I am looking into the posibility of transfering to UNCW next fall from a community college up in the Winston-Salem area. I was wondering if anyone could help me out about the school. How is it, how are the classes, professors, ect. Any information would be helpful. i will be transfering in as a junior with all of my Basic Requirements. I am wanting to major in Biology.

Also some help with the city itself would be nice. i will be living in Kure Beach at my families house, but i am wondering how everyday life is, from a residents point of view, not a tourist like mine.

Thanks
Try this: University of North Carolina Wilmington - Office Admissions (http://www.uncwil.edu/admissions/ - broken link)

Old 07-30-2009, 05:23 PM

431 posts, read 1,011,430 times
I'm obsessed with UNC, but UNCW seems really nice too. I recommend touring the campus.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:23 PM

8 posts, read 47,910 times
Thanks for the link to the school. also thanks for the quick response coffee.

Old 08-02-2009, 03:13 PM

135 posts, read 569,289 times
I'm moving in this week to Wilm to start grad school at UNCW. I'm not a townie so i can't really give you stats about the school or town, but i can tell you that you're going to have a bit of a drive if you live at Kure Beach. Traffic is notoriously bad around campus and many of my professors have repeatedly discouraged me from living too far off campus. That said i am very jealous that you have a beach-house to stay at D: if i could afford to i would be living on the beach, despite the drive time.

Old 08-02-2009, 03:48 PM

Historychic, you're moving into Mill Creek, right? Can you let me know how that goes? My Mom and I loved it and are planning on moving there within the next year. But I'd like some opinions.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:31 PM

Yep yep, i got my keys last week and am moving in tomorrow. There were a few things that needed to be fixed so i'm hoping that the leasing agent person i was working with filled out the service report and it's all been taken care of. I'm in Phase 2 in a redone one, all the appliances were brand new it seemed. There were a few screens missing, and a missing light fixture in a closet, but beyond that there weren't really any major issues. Now i just get to cart everything up to the third floor, hahaha.

There was one major miscommunication though when i was signing the lease and getting the keys. The agent i had been working with was not in that day and the guy that was helping me apparently had no idea what was going on. i asked if i needed to write a check for the first months rent since it was the end of the month, but he said no. two days later i got an email about rent being due. not enjoyable trying to straighten out all that. But when I talk to the agent that i've been working with things usually get worked out right.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:42 AM

move-in update!

i got all moved in and they had put the light fixture in the room, still missing some screens. 3rd floor gets hot easily. electricity will probably be a high bill D:

also found out that the previous tenant had left me a welcoming present of fleas. I marched down to the office with my glass-full of the jumping bugs and they called in the pest guy, who got there an hour later. so at least they were prompt about it. The complex itself has been pretty quiet. school hasn't started yet though, so that might change. i'll keep ya'll updated. i've been happy with how they've dealt with the issue, but i'll have to wait and see if the buggers re-emerge.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by historychic09 View Post
move-in update!

i got all moved in and they had put the light fixture in the room, still missing some screens. 3rd floor gets hot easily. electricity will probably be a high bill D:

also found out that the previous tenant had left me a welcoming present of fleas. I marched down to the office with my glass-full of the jumping bugs and they called in the pest guy, who got there an hour later. so at least they were prompt about it. The complex itself has been pretty quiet. school hasn't started yet though, so that might change. i'll keep ya'll updated. i've been happy with how they've dealt with the issue, but i'll have to wait and see if the buggers re-emerge.
Thanks for the update!

Old 08-06-2009, 03:11 PM

3,574 posts, read 13,113,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by historychic09 View Post
move-in update!

Be sure they re-treat in about a week or so, to get all the hatched eggs. Yup, pretty gross.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina