U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2009, 01:48 PM

2 posts, read 8,075 times

Advertisements

I've recently been transferred to Camp Lejeune and we've made a visit to the area and we're thinking about buying a home in The Landing at Mill Creek in Sneads Ferry( Mill Creek Sneads Ferry, NC ) . If anyone has any thoughts or experiences with the Neighborhood or the area it would be a big help. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 02:40 PM

160 posts, read 699,487 times
There were a few builder foreclosures listed in there. One was listed for $215,000. I'd say that's a pretty good deal for a brand new 1800 sq ft brick house. I'd put in a low-ball offer on one of those foreclosures since they are brand new homes. You just might luck up and get a steal.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:12 PM

2 posts, read 8,075 times
I actually looked at the bank owned properties and there are a number of construction issues that concerned me in addition to the fact that you have a house that one contractor(who was going under) started and another one finished it. I'm actually looking at one of the cottages they are breaking ground on in Phase 2. The builder is the developer of the neighborhood and the homes he built in the first phase are of really high quality. I'm really just looking for some locals opinions on the neighborhood and the homes, I've always preferred an objective opinion over a sales one.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:22 AM

291 posts, read 766,287 times
Have three friends who live there and love it - all retirees - their homes in Phase I are truly lovely...they are a little disappointed that Phase II is going to be as it is since it was supposed to be larger homes...but understand that it is to be craftsman cottages that are very cute, like the ones in the Neighborhoods of Holly Ridge.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:24 AM

1 posts, read 2,758 times
I'm writing to clarify a misconception. We lived at The Landing at Mill Creek several years ago and were actually the first residents in the subdivision. The houses are beautifully built. Mark, the developer, is a perfectionist, and the vast majority of the homes are very solidly built. There were four lots that he allowed other builders to purchase and build homes on. The builder did a horrible job and went bankrupt. Mark couldn't guarantee the work that the other builder did, so the mostly-finished homes went into foreclosure and had to be bought/finished by other builders. It's not true that all of the homes in Phase I were built by a builder who went out of business. There were only four. We loved living in Mill Creek. The homes and the subdivision are well-designed. There are sidewalks around the entire neighborhood and a large common area behind the homes in Phase I that is perfect for practicing football or baseball. You can have the big back yard without the responsibility of having to cut it.

Old 06-03-2012, 05:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,003 times
Angry mill creek

The developer of Mill Creek has disappeared with all the money. The homeowners are having to start from now to try and provide what Mark Evens left us with......a big mess.

Old 06-03-2012, 05:50 PM

11,252 posts, read 19,782,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadie the lady View Post
The developer of Mill Creek has disappeared with all the money. The homeowners are having to start from now to try and provide what Mark Evens left us with......a big mess.
I know this is an old thread, so if this is a new development, please explain what money, and what is the impact. Homes are being sold now, and people should know.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:13 PM

107 posts, read 215,100 times
I just did an MLS search on this s/d an 38 homes have sold in just the last 12 months, there are 11 for sale now. Looks like all is well. And ir is a nice looking s/d.

Old 02-11-2018, 06:09 AM

1 posts, read 469 times
Is the developer Mark in the wind? Who is handling new homes? Could someone please let me know if the cottage style houses like Holly Ridge are restricted to the Mill Creek area. I am retired and seek a small one story cottage type home. Thanks!

Old 02-12-2018, 05:36 AM

11,252 posts, read 19,782,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny1040 View Post
Is the developer Mark in the wind? Who is handling new homes? Could someone please let me know if the cottage style houses like Holly Ridge are restricted to the Mill Creek area. I am retired and seek a small one story cottage type home. Thanks!
I believe Mill Creek is a mature development now, selling mostly resales. It is probably the only are where large numbers of the cottage style homes are being sold. Several other developments in Sneads Ferry have one-story homes, but not the "cottagey" style. You might try Bill Clark Homes if you want a brand-new house.

I suggest visiting Mill Creek before you decide it is right for you. I am not sure how many retired people live there. My impression is that it is mostly young families with little kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina