U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2009, 04:26 PM

2 posts, read 3,524 times

Advertisements

Lots are not on the water, but they are just on the north side of the bridge at Holden Beach. Does anyone have a good "current" price for and average lot in that area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 09:37 PM

160 posts, read 699,339 times
Mainland, near the bridge, 1-4 blocks from the main drag with no water views.....30-40K. Put in a ridiculously low offer if you decide to buy. There's probably a ten year supply of land currently on the market in that area.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:48 PM

2 posts, read 3,524 times
I know the other lots that sold in the neighborhood sold in the 80K range. Are you saying that the price you mentioned is the low offer and be willing to go up some from there?

Old 08-07-2009, 12:26 PM

160 posts, read 699,339 times
You didn't mention a specific neighborhood in your first post. If you'll give me the name of a specific subdivision I can give you more specific info concerning current prices. The $30-40K price range I gave you for the 1-4 block area near the bridge is an asking price range. If I were buying, my first offer would be about $25,000. Unless you'll get some descent views of the water, $80,000 is ridiculously high.

Old 08-10-2009, 03:37 PM

452 posts, read 2,127,287 times
Not a realtor so can't give you the prices...but I think $80k is RIDICULOUS.....ugh, Holden Beach is my least favorite of the Brunswick County beaches by far. The people I know who are *local* and lifetime residents, a lot of (not all) say the same thing- there is just a different feel there. My granddaddy always went fishing there, from the Charlotte area- it was more affordable than the other beaches. And that's what I hear now, as far as people looking for lots or homes, Holden Beach is more affordable than the other beaches, but I would not want to live there. I consider myself as living close enough to Holden, by living in Ocean Isle Beach. That's as close as I want to go, too.

Offer low, and you maybe can get a lot for$20-25k..might can catch someone motivated to sell...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina