U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 11:21 AM

88 posts, read 217,335 times

Advertisements

Whats going on there? New home sales show a huge spike, as well as the high dollar value of same? Any insight to this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 06:47 PM

148 posts, read 555,902 times
Well you have Cypress Landing, a very nice area, and all that water on the river....and wahlah....desireable areas....it is a straight shoot over to Greenville, and the other way leads to OBX...So there is a lot of good reasons prices have rebounded....

Old 08-29-2009, 06:37 AM

1,676 posts, read 5,363,611 times
FloridaDude-Can you give us sources to support your statement or is this observational?

By the way-The entire Inner Banks area of NC has been and still is where the biggest bang for the waterfront buck is.

Bill

Old 08-29-2009, 12:11 PM

3,071 posts, read 7,832,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hitchcock View Post
FloridaDude-Can you give us sources to support your statement or is this observational?

By the way-The entire Inner Banks area of NC has been and still is where the biggest bang for the waterfront buck is.

Bill
I can't believe you called it that

Old 08-29-2009, 12:23 PM

2,275 posts, read 5,675,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
I can't believe you called it that
Why? It's what the area is called.

Old 08-29-2009, 09:41 PM

3,071 posts, read 7,832,764 times
funny, I've never heard it called that until fairly recently. inner banks is actually a broad area/term not really used by locals. there was a sidebar discussion about the term a while back.

Jersey Shore Meets Inner Banks

Old 08-30-2009, 03:53 AM

2,078 posts, read 5,050,087 times
I agree, why not call it what it is? I've been calling it The Inner Banks for years. They even have oval IBX stickers.

The newest stats I have for Wilmington are for May. They're probably a little old but Wilmington stats are:

Volume down 26% YOY
Average costs down 9% YOY
Total dollars down 32% YOY.

You can't really rely on a month or two of stats to make a trend. June, July and August tend to be peak selling months. Now if you see huge improvements from now until February then you've got something.

I've never researched the P/R ratios for that area but I'd be willing to bet they're still out of whack.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:14 AM
LLN

4,982 posts, read 8,765,451 times
Here is the non-realtor answer.

Washington is a GEM. They have taken care of their waterfront..unlike some towns to the south of them.

They have awesome street parties once a month during the summer

It is 20-25 minutes to Greenville, which is getting ALL the stuff, stores, services you need as well as pretty decent medical.

There are both new developments (yuck) but also a lot of historic homes.

Check out Main street (there is one, and it is not 17 or 264). Stores are open and streets are uncrowded.

Not a lot of private schools, so the community has interest in the public schools.

And they have two locations for those red hot dogs. My bro is insane about them, I pass, but many love them.

Almost got a job in Washington, and would have loved to have lived there. Instead, I ended up somewhere else.

Last edited by LLN; 08-30-2009 at 07:41 AM..

Old 08-30-2009, 07:01 AM

1,676 posts, read 5,363,611 times
Richard martin said, "You can't really rely on a month or two of stats to make a trend."
A_Men! Been explaining that for years. I also, "love it" when our local real estate marketers show a % over the prior month. Hello! we're on the coast with seasonal activity!
The only monthly yard stick (in my opinion) that is valid is when you compare a month to the same month in prior yearss-That's where monthly trends are valid.
Highlights of the Inner Banks:

Inner Banks Highlights:

Home to seven sounds; Pamlico, Albemarle, Bogue, Currituck, Croatan, Core and Roanoke.
The Albemarle and Pamlico Sounds have 9,000 miles of freshwater rivers and streams and over 1.5 million acres of brackish, estuarine waters.
The Albemarle and Pamlico Sound area is 2nd largest estuarine system in the United States
The Inner banks region encompasses a total of 22,227 square-miles according to Wikipedia
Thousands of miles of inner beaches and shoreline
World class fishing for drum, tarpon and other saltwater fish
Known for its superior shrimp and crabbing
Fresh water fishing for all major species including largemouth bass, catfish and crappie and brim
Just shy of 20 Atlantic Ocean inlets that feed into the inner banks from South Carolina border to Virginia border
Cost of living is far less when compared to the Outer Banks
52 hospitals are located in the Inner Banks region
Easy boating via federally maintained Intracoastal Waterway (ICW)
North Carolina has two deepwater state ports, Port of Morehead City and Port of Wilmington as well as inland facilities in Charlotte and Greensboro
The North Carolina ferry system has 21 ferries that transport over 1.1 million vehicles a year over 5 different bodies of water
Information derived from the Inner Banks Living web site with permission

Old 08-30-2009, 07:07 AM

2,275 posts, read 5,675,736 times
I love Washington. I grew up in Texas and now live near Raleigh, but we used to visit my grandfather in Washington when I was a child. I have a special connection - my 5th great-grandfather is the founder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina