U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 04:30 PM
LLN

4,981 posts, read 8,742,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthnut View Post
"Thank gawd the residents finally ousted the long standing mayor. I hope this new one isn't just another "good-'ol-boy" looking to line the pockets of his friends."

You just decribed every politician in the country !!!......The bigger the politician , the bigger the special interest group !!.....Jim
Not hardly. These rubes did away with term limits, set elections on a bizarre date and time, and voted themselves lifetime health benefits in a private Saturday session. I will not even cover a number of the most moronic decisions ever made by a governing body. I feel renewed hope in New Bern with that crowd gone.

I declared early I would vote for anyTHING with a pulse rather than the incumbents.

Fortunately our racist alderperson (a female) and our incompetent mayor both were booted out. There may be hope for New Bern.

I also agree with DadsDiesel (I sent you points). I grew up in another NC town that is right proud of itself, too and it is a contest to see which town's residents think the most (with little foundation) of their fair city. New Bern is about 1% of its potential. It could be great, but it ain't.

But I think things are gonna get better.

For all you whiners. LLN has made a relatively positive post about NEW BERN. Make sure you note that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 04:37 AM

693 posts, read 1,407,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsdiesel View Post

Thank gawd the residents finally ousted the long standing mayor. I hope this new one isn't just another "good-'ol-boy" looking to line the pockets of his friends.
He's not a good old boy, but he is a complete idiot.

Old 12-24-2009, 01:49 PM

19,503 posts, read 17,745,163 times
Its too bad that our new mayor looks like he is not a small business fan but rather a big box store fan. Only time will tell.

PS. He did say that his profession will come before his mayoral duties.

Old 12-27-2009, 01:15 AM

693 posts, read 1,407,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Its too bad that our new mayor looks like he is not a small business fan but rather a big box store fan. Only time will tell.

PS. He did say that his profession will come before his mayoral duties.
Thankfully the mayor is basically a figurehead. If he actually had responsibility, our newly elected would drive NB into the toilet. I just think it's a shame that such a complete moron will be "representing" our city. Gives me the heebie jeebies.

Old 12-27-2009, 06:50 AM
LLN

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbern View Post
Thankfully the mayor is basically a figurehead. If he actually had responsibility, our newly elected would drive NB into the toilet. I just think it's a shame that such a complete moron will be "representing" our city. Gives me the heebie jeebies.
Hey, Melbern..you must have slept through it, we had elections and we threw those cretins out. Dang near a clean sweep.

We got new guys now, not the incompetent crowd that used to be there. Dude, you need to get out more.

lln

Old 12-27-2009, 04:19 PM

LLN, looks like our new Mayor is as incompetent as you say our last one was. Time will tell if our new board is the same.

Old 12-28-2009, 04:13 AM
LLN

Quote:
LLN, looks like our new Mayor is as incompetent as you say our last one was. Time will tell if our new board is the same.
Until he buys a bridge, destroys a main street, builds a pool that is open for less than 1/4 of a year, rapes the waterfront again and again, meets secretly and pass healthcare, makes deals with developers so we, the citizens, get to pay for infrastructure in stead of those that profit, gets wholly on board for the ludicrous 300 year "celebration" and eliminates term limits, I will withhold judgement.

Sounds like maybe you had your head in the trough with the rest of those buffoons. Your loss will be New Bern's gain.

By the way, I have no great love for the new mayor or board, but I had UTTER CONTEMPT for the last mayor and the gang of henchmen that dang near ruined NB beyond repair.

lln

Old 12-28-2009, 11:55 AM

LLN, for someone who truly hates New Bern and everything that has to do with New Bern, why not pack up and leave.

And by the way, just because we disagree with you doesn't mean our eyes are closed. You might want to open yours for a change. If you can't then leave.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:23 PM

7,088 posts, read 13,039,288 times
Dang, I live in very rural N.C. and have had very little if any problem with crime, can't see my house from the road, nor the road from my house and as my sign says---You won't see my German Shepherds at night either.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:40 PM
LLN

Quote:
LLN, for someone who truly hates New Bern and everything that has to do with New Bern, why not pack up and leave.

And by the way, just because we disagree with you doesn't mean our eyes are closed. You might want to open yours for a change. If you can't then leave.
Wow, I don't truly hate New Bern. It has a lot to offer. Sorry if you got the wrong impression. Now, the previous government was terrible, from every objective measure, but that does not mean I hate New Bern.

In fact, I think the prospects are looking up, as many of my posts have stated recently.

Your post surprised me, coming from someone who is so negative on a mayor that has not been in office a month. I don't get it.

lln
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina