U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2009, 05:36 AM

7 posts, read 21,728 times

Advertisements

Specifically, this address.

919 chestnut st, wilmington nc 28401 - Google Maps

I'll be moving within the next six months or so to Wilmington and I'm looking at purchasing a house (possibly). I know the job-first situation so don't worry about that, and my boyfriend lives locally, but I'd like multiple opinions on the area. I will be visiting in a few days and plan to take a look at the house myself, but I know there will be things that only those from the area might know. It appears to be directly across from a Coca-Cola facility.

Many thanks for any assistance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 06:06 AM

700 posts, read 2,944,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaux Cat View Post

I'll be moving within the next six months or so to Wilmington and I'm looking at purchasing a house (possibly). I know the job-first situation so don't worry about that, and my boyfriend lives locally, but I'd like multiple opinions on the area. I will be visiting in a few days and plan to take a look at the house myself, but I know there will be things that only those from the area might know. It appears to be directly across from a Coca-Cola facility.

Sorry,but that's a bad crime area.

Old 09-08-2009, 06:37 AM

22,769 posts, read 26,236,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaux Cat View Post

Personally, I wouldn't consider living there. Chestnut and 9th is a rough area. There is a housing project about two blocks north, at 11th and Rankin, through 13th and Rankin. The length of McCrae Street is bad.

If you go a few blocks east, to 15th-16th & Chestnut, it gets better, although 16th & 17th themselves are very busy roads. If you go even further to 23rd & Chestnut, that is also a decent neighborhood.

Old 09-08-2009, 07:22 AM

311 posts, read 812,392 times
yeah ditto on what Rubber Factory said .. def would not live near that Coca Cola factory.. further up Chestnut is better, but of course you prob won't get a steal of a deal on a house in a better area. Beware of deals that seem too good to be true = bad neighborhood!

Old 09-08-2009, 07:23 AM

311 posts, read 812,392 times
and definitely come live here and rent first before buying, you will know exactly which areas then to stay away from. Purchasing is a huge deal.. know the area first through more than a visit.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:09 PM

7 posts, read 21,559 times
I would not recommend that you live there! Look into the Sunset Park area. There are some older but cool affordable homes in that area. There is a house at 309 Southern Blvd that is currently for sale/rent. Those houses rent/sell quickly. If you want closer to the beaches there is a housing development with starter homes called Brewster Place. That's a very nice community of newer homes - and they sell/rent fast! Tisbury Lane is a nice road that doesn't get much traffic. The development is tucked in behind a great restaurant called Rucker Johns which is across the road from Buffalo Wild Wings in "Monkey Junction". Those are much better areas to consider.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:32 PM

8 posts, read 29,032 times
Not a safe area. I would advise against it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina