Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 07:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle1 View Post
We are relocating from North NJ to the Wilmington area shortly. My husband will be working right in Wilmington, so we are looking at the towns on the outskirts of the city area. My girls are 5 and 2. Oldest just started kindergarten so schools are very important to us. Also, nice, clean and safe neighborhood. Looking between 400k and 500k for a house. Some towns we noticed were Masonboro, Ogden, Kirkland, etc. Any feedback on these or other areas would be very much appreciated. It is very stressful moving so far. We can't even drive there to look around. Those of you from that area would be very helpful with your input. Thanks so much.
Not trying to push, but we have our house for sale in a nice area in Odgen area. There are several homes for sale in our neighborhood.

We have pool, clubhouse, tennis and close to shopping, Mayfaire, beach etc.

Our MLS is 438503. There are several others in our neigbhorhood. WE love the area, we are just wanting to build another house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 09:19 PM

332 posts, read 1,426,827 times
I second Masonboro and Forest Hills.

Old 10-04-2009, 03:45 PM

9 posts, read 23,750 times
Can anyone give me any tips for job hunting out of state?

Old 10-04-2009, 06:38 PM

214 posts, read 819,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belle1 View Post
Thanks for the input. So, most of the towns are really just suburbs of Wilmington. I understand. No realtor yet. This is not 100 percent. I am trying to get a headstart just in case. Just trying to learn about the different areas. We would love an area where it doesn't take 20 mins just to get some coffee at night or to local stores, Walmart, grocery, etc.
There are many great neighborhoods in Wilmington that would make your husband's commute easy and also some very good school districts. If this is not a 100% done deal yet, as far as the job is concerned, I highly recommend you come to the area first, at least for the weekend, if you have never been here before. Call it a scouting expedition, so you can familiarize yourselves with the area.
Where are you moving from? Where would your husbands job be? In the city of Wilmington, North or South of? What types of neighborhoods, amenities are you seeking? There is something here for everyone, it will all depend on where you will be the happiest and the most comfortable, and a Buyers Agent will be your best bet.
The Mayfaire area, will be your most convenient, close to everything. Pine Valley is also a great choice, as is the Monkey Junction area.
DM me if i or anyone can be of further assistance, hope he gets the job, and welcome to the forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina