Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2008, 02:53 PM

6 posts, read 16,882 times

Advertisements

This appears to be one of the best schools in the area. We are relocating due to military orders in July 2009. Would anyone care to share about the school... any new developments that attend that school????? Rentals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 07:23 PM

713 posts, read 3,913,805 times
Smile White Oak Elementary

Quote:
Originally Posted by yates2009 View Post
This appears to be one of the best schools in the area. We are relocating due to military orders in July 2009. Would anyone care to share about the school... any new developments that attend that school????? Rentals?
Our office is right beside the school, we have people move into the area from surrounding counties to go to the schools in western Carteret County.

A young family moved into our subdivision this fall. Previously their children went to private school in another county. Their youngest daughter goes to White Oak Elementary. They have been very pleased with White Oak Elementary.

Also the local high school, Croatan, just won a national silver medal ranking from US News and World Report. That put it in the top 600 high schools in the country. You can read the article at this link (http://www.jdnews.com/news/silver_61083___article.html/high_school.html - broken link).

One of the new subdivisions which is close to the school, has a number of military families, and lots of young children is North Star Hill in Cape Carteret. Also attending would be Bluewater Cove where I live, Silver Creek, Crystal Shores and everything in Emerald Isle.

This is from the Carteret Schools web site.

Quote:
White Oak Elementary School (grades K-5) - Attended by students living along Highway 58 from the Jones County line to the eastern limit of Emerald Isle and along Hwy 24 from the Onslow County line to the intersection of Hwy 24 and Blue Heron Drive, excluding all of Blue Heron Bay Subdivision.
There are plenty of rentals in the area, many of them private and lots with the big rental firms.

You should not have any trouble finding something. If you have more questions let me know.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:50 PM

3 posts, read 8,654 times
I am also doing a military move this summer and know how hard it is to find a house, school, etc. I have a friend in the area with a house he is trying to sell or rent in the White Oak area. This is the link:

Good luck!Crystal Coast Real Estate | Emerald Isle Real Estate | Emerald Isle For Sale | MLS 07-6012 (http://www.bluewatergmac.com/CrystalCoast/RealEstate/EmeraldIsle/Residential/MLS-07-6012/ - broken link)

Old 02-08-2009, 06:36 PM

3 posts, read 8,654 times
Mentioned you to my friend with the house in white oak area. Wanted to pass on his info in case you were interested. Scott Graybill 252-422-3146. His home is a 3 bedroom a few blocks from the beach. Nice neighborhood, trampoline in backyard for kids.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,786 times
Anyone know anything about Arden Oaks or Marsh Harbour? Would you recommend them? Moving there next year. Thanks

Old 12-08-2009, 09:47 PM

713 posts, read 3,913,805 times
Smile Answers to your questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyusername? View Post
Anyone know anything about Arden Oaks or Marsh Harbour? Would you recommend them? Moving there next year. Thanks
There is only one house in Marsh Harbour and while Ardan Oaks has a few more, there are not a lot in there.

It just depends on what you are looking for in a subdivision. There are plenty to choose from in Cedar Point and Cape Carteret area.

Nothing is very far away. We live in Bluewater Cove, and it only takes me seven or eight minutes to get to Lowe's in Cape Carteret. Another two or three minutes, and we are on the beach in Emerald Isle.

You can check the area services out by zooming in on this interactive map.

You can find more area information at my blog which has an index of posts about living here posted on the home page.

There is plenty of info along with pictures at this site.

I will be glad to try to answer your area questions. I try to check the forum regularly or you can send me a direct message if you would rather.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:24 PM

5 posts, read 11,236 times
We just moved to Cape Carteret this past August. My son is in the first grade at White Oak Elementary and absolutely loves it! We have been impressed with the school, the teachers, and the PTA. Everyone has the same goal: what is best for the children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina