U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 02:04 PM

22,769 posts, read 26,201,775 times

Advertisements

like most "1st and 10" posters on City-data, I'm sure the OP is very appreciative of the advice she's received.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 08:12 PM

4 posts, read 6,415 times
Bored in Hampstead? But, it's just a short drive to Wilmington, the area is clean and safe. I'd be afraid to walk outside at night in Wilmington until you live somewhere like Figure 8. Hey, Figure 8 is SUPER NICE. Try that...lol

Old 09-30-2009, 08:10 AM

8 posts, read 29,016 times
There are places that are not safe in any city. That is why she needs to do her research before she purchases or rents. She can also contact the local police department for crime rates and reports. Good luck getting the same info from the sherrif's department.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:05 AM

693 posts, read 1,407,222 times
You can find crime data statistics on the web. Check out this link: Wilmington Crime Map - Showing Crime in Wilmington, NC - Crime Statistics - Crime Alerts - Crime Stops Here. That can give you a picture with a heavier amount of incidents than others. Good luck!

Old 12-31-2009, 03:17 PM

17 posts, read 45,250 times
melbern,

You posted a great website (spotcrime dot com) above. I use it often and receive alerts from them. I noticed from personal experience that it updates quickly as well.

Everyone on this post is giving good advice TO RENT and determine your own threshold of $$, crime, schools, etc. We have lived in 6 states, moved 17 times and I am here to tell you all that RENTING FIRST is a must have for New Hanover/Wilmington.

We consider ourselves exceptional at relocating and going from house to house smoothly. This move has had it's challenges but I don't ever want to leave Wilmington. It is awesome on so many levels. Renting has its privileges as well; we don't mow, we have a movie room, conference room, work out room + a maintenance crew that is johnny-on-the-spot and much more. We have time to explore the beach, the downtown and anywhere we want to go. It has been great.

Good luck all you relo people and have faith that you will do this right and follow your gut for what is right for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina