Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2009, 10:26 PM

4 posts, read 33,801 times

Advertisements

Recently, I have been receiving weekly emails about reduction in prices in Brunswick Plantation's golf course community. Are these a good value? They don't state the price range, just "drastic price reductions". I love this area and areas between Calabash and just South of Wilmington. Any suggestions! Many thanks..... Sick of Michigan winters and economic climate! Martyz02
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 06:55 AM

214 posts, read 822,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyz02 View Post
Recently, I have been receiving weekly emails about reduction in prices in Brunswick Plantation's golf course community. Are these a good value? They don't state the price range, just "drastic price reductions". I love this area and areas between Calabash and just South of Wilmington. Any suggestions! Many thanks..... Sick of Michigan winters and economic climate! Martyz02
Yes this community is very nice, close to SC Border. Deciding where you want to live in this area, will be your biggest challenge, as there is quite a lot to choose from, all types of different communities. There is something for everyone, it just depends on what you and your family are looking for, and any other needs and requirements.
DM me directly, and I will research for you.
Have you visited the area, or are you just researching from afar?
I myself relocated from the North, and think our warm pleasant weather year round is our best attribute.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:12 AM

Good Morning Seashellbake,

Thank you for your kind response. I have not visited this specific area, but I have visited my dearest friends (family) that live 1 mile from Carolina Beach. My parents lived in SC for many years and I have visited that state from the ocean to the west / mountains areas. I really loved Seneca, SC on Lake Keowie.

Right now I am researching the various coastal areas. Myrtle Beach is just too congested for me and tourist zone. I am a 65 year young woman, single and very tired of Michigan's hard winters. The hardest part will be leaving my grandchildren.

I am a retired Realtor (due to poor economic condition in Michigan), so I am conducting my own research. I haven't responded to Brunswick Plantation's many emails as I don't want intense sales pitches at this point. This area looks lovely, but maybe too pricey for me. I would like to be somewhere between 175 - 250K.

Has real estate prices been impacted like they have in the North? How have you felt the cost of living in NC compares to your previous area? Are Northerns well received in the area? I found that in SC one had to be sure to settle in an area where northerns had relocated or retired for optimal acceptance. This is important to me being single and also, because I enjoy doing extensive volunteer work. That you for your kindness in responding.

Marty

Old 09-23-2009, 08:14 AM

Dear Seashellbelle,

Sorry I goof on the name! I will do better!

Marty

Old 09-23-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:

Thank you for your kind response. I have not visited this specific area, but I have visited my dearest friends (family) that live 1 mile from Carolina Beach. My parents lived in SC for many years and I have visited that state from the ocean to the west / mountains areas. I really loved Seneca, SC on Lake Keowie.

Right now I am researching the various coastal areas. Myrtle Beach is just too congested for me and tourist zone. I am a 65 year young woman, single and very tired of Michigan's hard winters. The hardest part will be leaving my grandchildren.

I am a retired Realtor (due to poor economic condition in Michigan), so I am conducting my own research. I haven't responded to Brunswick Plantation's many emails as I don't want intense sales pitches at this point. This area looks lovely, but maybe too pricey for me. I would like to be somewhere between 175 - 250K.

Has real estate prices been impacted like they have in the North? How have you felt the cost of living in NC compares to your previous area? Are Northerns well received in the area? I found that in SC one had to be sure to settle in an area where northerns had relocated or retired for optimal acceptance. This is important to me being single and also, because I enjoy doing extensive volunteer work. That you for your kindness in responding.

Marty
Please Direct Mail (DM) me, that is the best way to answer your questions.

Old 09-23-2009, 12:10 PM

160 posts, read 789,781 times
Quote:

Brunswick Plantation has home prices ranging from approximately $250,000 to about $550,000. Condos can be purchased for around $125,000 to $200,000. If you are looking for a single family home in the $175,000 to $250,000 range in a golf course community in the Calabash/Sunset Beach area, I'd suggest Sandpiper Bay, Meadowlands or Carolina Shores.

Old 09-23-2009, 05:09 PM

Dear NCGT,

Thanks for the info you provided. It gives me the appropriate areas to focus on. Most appreciated!

Old 09-23-2009, 05:33 PM

160 posts, read 789,781 times
No problem.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:

Marty
By all means since you are a retired realtor, we do have public MLS access, for you to research. As I am sure you are well aware "every market is local". I just assisted in relocating a client from VA to the Meadowlands, and she is loving it. Never a complaint about Northerners moving this way, don't know how it is in SC.
There are many websites that you can explore regarding our property values, and for the most part I feel we have weathered the market well.
The coast will always be more expensive because of it's desirability and proximity to the ocean, however, your price range is on target.
Do let us know how your visit goes.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:51 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,050,852 times
Quote:
We just returned from a trip to Calabash/Sunset Beach. We looked at properties from N Myrtle to just south of Wilmington. There are many, many options, pretty overwhelming actually.

The NE has recently had a mini blitz of ads for this area too.
We looked at Brunswick Plantation and their lots start at 100K. The exisiting homes are priced close to what NCGT told you. Be aware that a lot of these places have HOA or POA monthly fees. These fees can get pricey. In one of the more upscale condos we looked at in N Myrtle the fees were $500.00/month for a one bedroom.
The other observation we made was that there are a lot of seemingly "stalled" developments, entrances built, lots identified but zero activity, no construction, overgrown vegetation and faded signs.

Brunswick Plantation seems to be well established, lots of neighbourhood activity and the golf course was active.

I would recommend a trip down there for a look. This is a great time to go, very few tourists, the water is still warm and the rental rates are pretty good.
Good luck with your search! jj
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina