U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-24-2009, 12:58 PM

693 posts, read 938,149 times

Advertisements

Does anybody know of one? I'm taking a very long road trip and want to ensure I don't have any underlying problems. So need to find someone who will give a thorough check, and only recommend corrections for legitimate problems! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 04:09 PM

148 posts, read 390,798 times
I use to like John Tripps garage on trent rd, but I believe the guy over in Bridgeton just to the left of Rowes appliance is who I used when I last ived there....He was honest and good...You may want to go over and check out Monettes on old cherry pt highway, they were good also....and I think he was Jerry's brother, and I always liked Jerry as Sheriff...

Old 09-24-2009, 06:28 PM

2,996 posts, read 4,491,328 times
Thurman's. It's down thurman road, across from carolina colurs, past James city. right on the corner at the intersection of Thurman's rd & old cheryy point rd.

My father always worked on his own cars and thurmans was the only person he'd bring it to if he couldn't do it his self

Google Maps

If you headed down old cherry point rd you'll come across thurman's

Old 09-24-2009, 06:50 PM

148 posts, read 390,798 times
Did Monettes become Thurman's? Or are they seperate?

Old 09-24-2009, 07:43 PM

693 posts, read 938,149 times
thanks guys!

Old 09-24-2009, 08:54 PM
LLN
Status: "If you keep looking back, you can't move forward" (set 2 days ago)

3,590 posts, read 4,359,951 times
Mr Martin on Martin's Lane off of Glenburnie. Highly respected. He is about 2 blocks from the Teeter, just behind the Hess.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:17 AM

2,996 posts, read 4,491,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven McCurdy View Post
Did Monettes become Thurman's? Or are they seperate?
separate. but you can see Monette's from Thurmans. I don't know how long ago you lived in new bern, but in my knowledge Monette's was always just a country store, indeed ran by the Sherriff's family, mainly his brother. I don't doubt that it was once an auto shop but the only reference I found to it was this:

Monette Auto - New Bern, North Carolina (NC) | Company Profile

Same address as this:
Google Maps

I asked my dad and he said it was just a store and that they do hauling too. But who knows, maybe they still work on cars. Alot of good backyard mechanics around these parts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina