Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2009, 05:45 PM

431 posts, read 1,142,056 times

Advertisements

I've been doing research on apartments in Wilmington for a while now. But now my Mom and I are officially making the move. We're most likely moving down in May, June at the latest. We visited a few places back in July and loved Mill Creek. But I want to be sure before we take the jump. We're looking for a two bedroom in a nice area. No more than...$900 a month. Any advice would be great. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 09:13 AM

135 posts, read 640,437 times
Hey there again coffeebean!

since the fleas i've not had any other issues with mill creek, the repair guy always comes the same day if it's important. My building seems to have mostly families and older people on the first and second floor, but mostly college students on the 3rd floor. They've been strict about towing people without parking stickers in non-visitor spots, which is good, finding a parking spot late at night on the weekends can be a bit of a problem. Some planes do go over the apt in the afternoon, but tend to stop at night, they're from the military base for the most part i think, although there are a few from the airport. we've also had no flooding from the recent rainstorms, which a lot of the complexes closer to campus seem to be plagued by.

anywho, if you can get a newly renovated apt in mill creek they're pretty nice. I really like my sunroom (now that it is flea free) and it gives a lot more year round living space, but the fireplace and deck combos are nice too. the older part isn't bad, but the kitchens are kinda small.

everyone walks their dog around the complex, and there's a park near the back of the complex with a trail (i think...) but it seems like a good place to play around with pets. it's near the harris teeter, and food lion, although walmart and target are both just a quick trip down market. it's easy to get to the main roads off of randall. There is a bus stop at the front of the complex that will take you to campus and some other places (downtown i think?). the beach is about 15 minutes away, and downtown is about 10, sometimes 15. traffic can get a bit congested on market and college, but nothing like any real city traffic. although the people around here can NOT drive worth beans. i've seen so many accidents happen in the past few months, mostly people not paying attention or trying to make a light.

hope ya'll have a smooth move! that time might be hectic down here with graduation, but the weather should be good!

Old 10-05-2009, 03:50 PM

Everything about it seems perfect. We would definitely want phase II. I read bad things about phase I. The accident thing I can do without. I have a knack for getting into them. As for the time frame...we originally planned for mid summer, but May seems better heat wise. We just want this to be our last snow filled winter.

Old 10-05-2009, 04:57 PM

332 posts, read 1,431,025 times
Good luck on your move! History chic, cool to see you ended up at Mill Creek. Hearing you describe where things are just gave me a twinge of sadness.

Oh, how I miss wilmington!!!

Have a safe move CoffeeBean.

if you have to choose an apartment, Mill Creek is on the top end of ones I'd consider living in around campus, out toward monkey junction, there are a few other decent ones.

Yay Wilmington, wave hi to the beach for me.

Old 10-05-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformationPlease View Post
Good luck on your move! History chic, cool to see you ended up at Mill Creek. Hearing you describe where things are just gave me a twinge of sadness.

if you have to choose an apartment, Mill Creek is on the top end of ones I'd consider living in around campus, out toward monkey junction, there are a few other decent ones.

Thanks I'm very excited (and a little nervous). Where are you now?

Old 10-05-2009, 10:43 PM

135 posts, read 640,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformationPlease View Post

yeah, they had the most decent price for the size of apartment, and were pretty central to everything. I'll be sure to give it a wave next time i make it out that way! sadly i haven't been able to visit the beach since labor day due to crazy amounts of work :<

i have to say though, next year i'm definately planning on moving closer to the beach! I've got a classmate who's got a sound side apartment of a vacation house and it's just really awesome to go over and visit them and have drinks while sitting out on a dock. not to mention the always interesting visits to Loggerheads
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina