U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2009, 06:39 PM

11 posts, read 44,784 times

Advertisements

Hello!! I am in DIRE need of help from anyone currently in Wilmington!
I need to find a place to live ASAP!! Was trying to stick close to Carolina Beach, as the kids & I need the serenity, but with the clock a ticking it looks as though we may need to take a place in Wilmington itself, for a while.

How is the area of Grace Street & Mc Rae Street?? Would it be considered in a "safer" part of town?? There's a house being subletted there near the intersection that I've already been in touch with, but have seen through Google Street-View what looks like apartments, or townhouses, right there at the same intersection - what is the name of the place if it is rentals?? Also, One house shows a For Rent sign in the front yard (not sure if it's actually still available, but would like info on it if it is!!) It's a cute little house, sort of greenish in color, I think? - accordong to Google, the address is 480 Grace Street -> Does anyone have ANY INFO on this place?? Is it for rent still? How many bdrms?? How much are they asking per month?? What phone # can I call for more info??

Also, any info on the area of North 5th Street - from about 700 to 720 N. 5th Street?? How is this neighborhood?? Good? Bad? Ok??

PLEASE ADVISE!!!

I have small children and NEED a Safe place for us to reside ... even if, only for a short time ... HELP!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 12:31 PM

70 posts, read 162,018 times
Would not choose to live there if it were me. Why are you looking at just those areas? Is it the rent? Do you need to be on a bus line? Daycare?

Old 10-19-2009, 01:12 PM

22,769 posts, read 26,248,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needz2Know View Post
How is the area of Grace Street & Mc Rae Street?? Would it be considered in a "safer" part of town??
No, I would not live in that area.

Quote:
Also, any info on the area of North 5th Street - from about 700 to 720 N. 5th Street?? How is this neighborhood?? Good? Bad? Ok??
Probably better than Grace @ McCrae, but I wouldn't live here either.

Quote:
PLEASE ADVISE!!!

I have small children and NEED a Safe place for us to reside ... even if, only for a short time ... HELP!!!
Downtown is good for people who want to have a good time, who have extra money to burn, who don't care about schools, who are thick-skinned regarding tourists and petty crime. It is not good for people who are struggling to get by.

My advice, is that if you are responsible for children, then do not live anywhere downtown. However, I am assuming that you are putting the childrens' well being before your own.

Old 10-19-2009, 04:55 PM

160 posts, read 700,348 times
If you have children, I'd recommend avoiding the 28401 area code completely. Try 28403.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina