U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2009, 07:24 PM

4 posts, read 25,850 times

Advertisements

Hey, can someone answer this question for me. First, I will like to say that YES, I know there are great fathers out there and will give you ur props always when I see it, without a doubt. Now, to ask my question. Can someone tell me what I need to do to get my ex-husband income tax garnished for this upcoming income tax return. I thought it would be done last year but I am not sure what happened. So, I will be calling the IRS and the support agency on this so I can do all now to get that started. We are talking, sorry ass man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 06:57 AM

291 posts, read 766,987 times
Maybe you should also call your local Social Security office - they might be helpful, too. I have a friend whose ex owed her so much money - she never got it while the kids were young, but got it all on record that it was owed....now that the kids are grown and the ex is on SS, they deduct the back child support out of his check and send her one! So be sure you document everything that has not been paid and good luck to you!

Old 10-24-2009, 08:56 AM

983 posts, read 3,526,964 times
You need to go to you county Child Support Enforcement. They'll be the ones who can get this done.

Old 10-28-2009, 03:12 AM

2,078 posts, read 5,047,045 times
Or to the judge that issued the order.

Old 10-28-2009, 03:19 AM

375 posts, read 804,108 times
Hey

Is it really true about the SS? I was told they don't do that. My ex owes me $400k and I'd love for my son to get SOME help from him at some point in his life!!!

Go to your child support office NOW -- like LRoyal said, this is who will help you with this!

BTW, I had my original order thru VA as well -- if you bug them, they will eventually start working your case more. Feel free to PM me.

They can take the driver's license as well if they are in arrears.

I have found that ACES has great info on their site too!

GOOD LUCK!!

Last edited by rachaelb; 10-28-2009 at 03:21 AM.. Reason: extra info

Old 12-26-2009, 09:39 AM

Thank you. I am definently making sure I document everything. Every court appearance and every payment. I don't accept any money from him that is not in a form of a cashier check, check or money order. Well, that was at first, after the first two payments like that which were late, I made sure that it went through the state. I didn't feel like any drama along with any of it.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:42 AM

I found out through the county that the income tax is automatically garnished if he or she owes money. The only thing with that is that they are told about it ahead of time. Pretty much a few months before the new year come up to file for taxes, a letter is sent to them letting them know that if they owe any money the monies can come out along with anything else that they owe. They don't do that during the time they are filing for taxes just a letter ahead of time. With this, if you havce a sorry deadbeat "baby father or baby mother" they won't file. Eventually it will come to them. I guess.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:45 AM

Thanks. I didn't know about the ACES website but I do like this site. I am working with VA now so it is good that they now have the case. NC isn't as forceful as VA is. I just want to make sure that my children are getting at least the little bit they are supposed to get. I am not looking to make anyone take care of their children. Paying childsupport alone to me isn't taking care of your children. It is giving money but that isn't all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina