U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2010, 01:51 PM

4 posts, read 11,086 times

Advertisements

We are a military family moving to the area around June/July 2010. We do not know anything about the area or neighborhoods. We want to buy a house and when we move in 2013 we would like to resale or rent out. Any and all suggestions on family oriented and growing neighborhoods would be appreiciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 02:28 PM

148 posts, read 555,363 times
I can help you with all that you need, just call me, my number is under my info....

Old 01-05-2010, 02:48 PM

713 posts, read 3,471,445 times
Smile We get lots of military families in Cape Carteret/Swansboro area

Quote:
Originally Posted by navgal View Post
We are a military family moving to the area around June/July 2010. We do not know anything about the area or neighborhoods. We want to buy a house and when we move in 2013 we would like to resale or rent out. Any and all suggestions on family oriented and growing neighborhoods would be appreciated. Thanks
Depending on what you are looking for, you might enjoy living down by the beach. The Swansboro-Cedar Point-Cape Carteret area is a favorite with military families both while in service and after retirement.

The schools are exceptional with Croatan High School in western Carteret County winning an award as one of the top schools in the country for two years in a row.

There is a lot less crowding and traffic in the area compared to Jacksonville. Beach and water access are exceptional.

We live in a subdivision on the White Oak River. Like many others it has a boat ramp and access to the water. We can take our boat down the river and be in the Intracoastal Waterway in ten minutes. It is only another ten minutes before we are out Bogue Inlet and into the Atlantic Ocean.

This website has a lot of area information including an interactive map of the area, information on most area attractions, and lots of area slide shows.

You can also read articles about living in the area on my Crystal Coast Blog.

As a Realtor, I can tell you that we have pretty strong rental market close to the coast. No place is very far from the beach. We can be walking on the beach in ten minutes from our house.

While I haven't had time to add a lot of pictures to my latest technology gadget, I have done a trip from the dock at our house through Swansboro, over to Emerald Isle, and back to my office. The 3D virtual tour gives you a pretty good feel for the area in spite the Google Earth maps not being completely up to date.

Your browser might need the installation of the Google Earth plug-in but I think you will find it worth the effort.

You do need at least DSL or cable modem connectivity and then click on the 3-D icon on the right at this link.

Last edited by dsobotta; 01-05-2010 at 02:52 PM.. Reason: missing link

Old 01-05-2010, 06:40 PM

8 posts, read 33,843 times
Default Retired Military in this area

I just wanted you to know if you would like any additional information about this area please feel free to contact me anytime. I have lived here 10 years.The Marine Corps brought us here. Croatan High school is ranked 4th in the State, 26th in the Country. Go to NC Report Cards to do comparrisons with all the schools. If you home school that has a very good base here as well.

I understand the Great Unknown but being a retired Military Dependent, who also has an active business in the area I will share all I can.

With Faith,
idesignsi
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina