Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 08:50 AM

1 posts, read 2,735 times

Advertisements

Any information is greatly appreciated! My husband is a tennis pro and I am an oncology nurse. We both love the beach, privacy (no planned communities), older homes with wood floors/moldings, and are kind of artsy. We are looking to relocate to the Wilmington, New Bern or Beauford area. We are also open to suggestions of other areas anyone can suggest where there may be job opportunities and fit what we are looking for. Thanks!

Old 12-03-2007, 09:34 AM

4,834 posts, read 6,122,294 times
FLNurse: You may wish to try this link for Wilmington:
Relocation Wilmington NC North Carolina, Moving + Jobs - City Guide
Of all the coastal NC towns Wilmington is our favorite and we think you would be happy there.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:01 PM

50 posts, read 239,122 times
I concur with Mikey_NC. Wilmington and the surrounding coastal towns are awesome. As far as job opportunities, do your research first. Wilmington Star News, is a great source. You can set your resume up for employers to see, and they'll email you jobs automatically. I'm sure there are other health care INTERNET services as well for your profession. As far as tennis, there are ton's of private communities that have golf and tennis amenities for residents. Because the weather is mild during the winter months, people are always outside enjoying the weather. St. James Plantation comes to mind, but that's about 45 minutes away from Wilm., NC. Check out "gated communities, tennis courts" on the web, the majority of tennis courts will be located there.
Good luck!

Old 12-03-2007, 02:16 PM

713 posts, read 3,929,629 times
Smile Some Southern Outer Banks info for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLNurse View Post
Any information is greatly appreciated! My husband is a tennis pro and I am an oncology nurse. We both love the beach, privacy (no planned communities), older homes with wood floors/moldings, and are kind of artsy. We are looking to relocate to the Wilmington, New Bern or Beauford area. We are also open to suggestions of other areas anyone can suggest where there may be job opportunities and fit what we are looking for. Thanks!
My wife and I relocated to the Crystal Coast or the Southern Outer Banks as I like to call it, about fifteen months ago. We spent three years looking for the right spot, and covered all of the areas from Assateague, down the Northern Banks to Hatteras, Ocracoke, Beaufort, and on to Southport and Oak Island.

There are obviously plenty of spots that might fit you, and as you probably know it is always a trade off as I have never seen a perfect spot.

There are many things to consider from beach access to services and type of home. Everyone has a different set of needs.

I just helped an artist relocate from Pennsylvania to the area and she has been welcomed by artist community.

The area from Swansboro to Beaufort can certainly offer you a number of places that might fit your needs.

You can find some general area information at my Southern Outer Banks site. I have lots of pictures and slide shows at this Crystal Coast location.

We absolutely love this area, it is not really crowded even in the summer, the people are very friendly, and there is plenty of privacy especially on the water.

I also have travel guides for Emerald Isle, Swansboro, and Beaufort (http://coastalnc.org/beaufortnctravelguide - broken link).

There are three hospitals in the area, Morehead City, Jacksonville, and New Bern.

I would be glad to try to answer any questions. I have been coming to the Carolina beaches for over fifty years and work with some folks who were born and raised here.

-David Sobotta

Last edited by dsobotta; 12-03-2007 at 02:18 PM.. Reason: lost a line

Old 12-03-2007, 02:35 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,936,541 times
My parents said that Jacksonville's hospital was the filthiest they've ever seen..........not too sure you would want to work there.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:55 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CortlandGirl79 View Post
My parents said that Jacksonville's hospital was the filthiest they've ever seen..........not too sure you would want to work there.
I believe the poster would be better off looking into opportunities at New Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington

Old 01-19-2010, 05:41 PM

2 posts, read 3,543 times
Default Beautiful coastal location - 8min. by car to ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLNurse View Post
In reply to you questions: We are selling a all brick 1850sq ft ranch home in Morehead City, NC. This home is 8 minutes by car to the Ocean, around the corner from the hospital, doctor's dentist, schools, shopping and any other convenience you can imagine. This is a custom built home with only one occupant ever living in it. There are many job opportunities here what with the Cherry Point Air Station within 25 miles. The Morehead City Country Club is right on our road -- a lovely private club on the Newport River. Look us up on the map and you can see how centrally located we are. The house has 3 bedrooms, with 2 1/2 baths. The ensuite bath to the master bedroom has just been totally remodeled -- just lovely. This property has a screened in porch and a full deck across the back. Two car garage with a 9X6' workshop area. Shed in back yard, circular drive -- wood burning living room fireplace, din. room and eat in kitchen. The asking price is 265K. For further information call 252-240-4165. Hope to hear from you soon. Jean & Pete Brain

Old 01-19-2010, 05:59 PM

21 posts, read 56,227 times
I love Wilmington and the surrounding area. In fact I have a great house in a great neighborhood for sale that may interest you.
Moderator cut: tos violation

Craig

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 01-20-2010 at 04:22 PM..

Old 01-19-2010, 06:09 PM

7,127 posts, read 12,667,756 times
The original post is from Dec. 2007...if it's marked correctly.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:31 PM

214 posts, read 822,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
The original post is from Dec. 2007...if it's marked correctly.

Thanks I was wondering about that too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina