U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 06:49 PM

890 posts, read 3,968,077 times

Advertisements

The water in Wilmington is hard, you will need a water softener. Lots of people have them there. If you have a dispenser with a filter on your refrigerator that should be good. We lived there 11 years and never felt the need to buy bottled water except during a hurricane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2006, 07:20 PM

1,044 posts, read 3,407,571 times
Thanks to everyone who replied on the info about tap vs. bottled water.

Good to know if I ever decide that I need to live near the coastal areas.

Old 07-28-2006, 05:37 AM

56 posts, read 306,081 times
Default U.S.Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hug631
Is there another beach area other than Wilmington that you guys can recommend? I've read a few posts and all of them recommend Wilmington! hhmm
Try further south about 30 minutes to Brunswick County. The Oak Island/
Southport/Boiling Spring Lakes area. It is not over built "in my opinion" as
Wrightsville Beach, Carolina Beach and Kure Beach. Also, for shopping and
entertainment you can drive easily to Wilmington or Myrtle Beach. The
best thing about living in Brunswick County is that you can turn both places off when you want. As far as the water goes, if you take your water from a well, chances are you will not like the taste. Oak Island and Southport both
have "city" water. Boiling Spring Lakes is hooking up to "city" water now.

Old 07-31-2006, 08:32 AM

956 posts, read 4,074,044 times
Default Lived in Pitt Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethanytedder
Boy did she ever tell the truth about the water near Altantic Beach. Horrible creation. It talks like the salt water almost. I live 90 miles inland in Greene County. Where were you from if you don't mind saying? I was going to guess Lenoir County.
BetthanyTedder

I lived in Pitt Co. for 7 years. 5 in the city limits and 2 outside.
Owned a house on Crestline Blvd., in Greenville.

PS-I had a friend who lived in Davis about half an hour further out than Beaufort. He could put a glass of water on the window sill and in about half an hour there would be a layer of silt collected on the bottom of the glass.
PPS-I didn't have any major complaints about the water in Pitt Co.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina