Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 02:25 PM

3 posts, read 9,821 times

Advertisements

Hello,
My husband and I are re-locating for his job and I am looking for apartments, townhomes or homes for rent or lease to own. There are so many places to live there and I am wondering what are the BEST places. We are 25 &26 years old and we have a Dalmatian puppy that is almost 1. We are looking for a place as close to the beach as possible but we want to also have a place we can call home and not feel like we are in some dumpy motel. We have to be there for March 1st so I am panicking while trying to find the best all around places. I would love for our new home to be 2 levels, I know a lot of the apartment complexes offer these. Plus a place with a NICE pool would be amazing, we looked at Hunterstone in Leland and the pool looked like a puddle, lol. Please please help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 09:10 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,401,102 times
Leland is far from the beach being that it is located on the
"wrong" side of the river.

have you looked at a map?

if you want to hit the beach every day you should look
in wrigthsville beach area , this would include the mayfair area,
there are apartments in that area.
you guys can also look on Pleasure Island , close to the beach but at
least a 30 min drive to wilmington.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:58 AM

70 posts, read 182,547 times
look in the 28412 zip code. Should be lots of options.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:30 PM

214 posts, read 822,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
Leland is far from the beach being that it is located on the
"wrong" side of the river.

have you looked at a map?

if you want to hit the beach every day you should look
in wrigthsville beach area , this would include the mayfair area,
there are apartments in that area.
you guys can also look on Pleasure Island , close to the beach but at
least a 30 min drive to wilmington.
Ditto. Actually it's Wrightsville beach. It will be pricey, check Ogden as well, close but not as expensive. If you don't mind commuting about 45 mins also check out Southport and Oak Island in Brunswick county. Closer to the beaches, and not as expensive, great for dogs too.
Moderator cut: tos violation

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 02-10-2010 at 09:31 AM..

Old 02-16-2010, 04:57 AM

18 posts, read 99,825 times
Jdrier,
I live at Wrightsville Beach and it's going to be tough to find a better spot to live in town if it's in your budget. I would suggest looking at Channel Walk, a townhome development right over the drawbridge, pet friendly, nice pool, easy bike ride to the beach. If you don't want to be directly on the beach look at the The Villages at Mayfaire, nice townhome units that have a great pool and easy access to everything.

If you have any specific questions about either just post a reply and I'll answer anything I can.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:42 AM

572 posts, read 1,610,739 times
What's your budget for rent? Wrightsville is great but it's expensive and it's a mad house during the summer. You can certainly find a good apartment inside the Wilmington city limits and still be about 15 minutes from Wrightsville Beach.

Old 02-16-2010, 09:27 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,401,102 times
does it bug anyone else when the OP does not
come back to a thread?
guess I will survive but we
are trying to help.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:28 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
come back to a thread?
are trying to help.

yeah, I try not to help people who don't stick around and help others.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:36 AM

76 posts, read 162,062 times
As a hopeful newcomer I found all your info helpful - so thanks!

Old 02-18-2010, 01:30 PM

3 posts, read 9,821 times
Quote:
come back to a thread?
are trying to help.

SORRY! I am new to this and thought responses would go to my email.. no need to get mad I appreciate EVERYONE who is trying to help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina