Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2014, 12:48 PM

39 posts, read 126,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjjb1953 View Post
we may come look at the community but so far just reading the back and forth on my posting has not given me a good feeling.thanks
Please note that only one is complaining! Definitely do stop by and say hello. Drive around our community -- both sides of Broad Creek Road. Stop anyone you see and ask whatever questions you like. It's a very friendly place, and folks will be glad to meet you and say hello. Please don't allow one person's dissatisfaction spoil an opportunity to make your own decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2014, 02:28 PM

183 posts, read 326,839 times
Bogey1 are any of the pools being used or planning to be repaired ?How much are the poa dues a year and are there other fees?

Old 09-10-2014, 04:26 PM

Default FH Dues for 2014-15, per request

Hi! Thanks for asking.

Dues for the year 2014-2015 (due by May 1 of each year) were $785.00 This pays for roads, drainage, and general maintenance of the 467 acres of "common ground" owned by the POA. It also pays for community security, additions to our reserve fund, and some contingencies, and, of course, administration costs. Annual dues for the 2015-2016 year are projected to be $698. Dues for the next five years are projected to remain between $698.00 and $721.00. We were warned that certain contingencies might be charged this year, if needed, but, as of now, they haven't been needed. ($100 for a community emergency, $40 for legal costs, and $32 for mowing the closed, second golf course.) MidSouth is maintaining the course property, the two lawsuits our -2% brought against the community were "tossed" and one group was assigned court costs; one group awaits what we hope will be a similar judgment. Barring another "Irene," or other community-wide emergency, we'll avoid that, as well.

And, no, there aren't any fees unless you choose to join the golf club, use the pool at the golf club, or use the Recreation Center facilities.

Fairfield Harbour

This URL will take you to our community website where you can learn other things, if you choose.

If I can help in any other way, please let me know.

Old 09-10-2014, 04:32 PM

Default Forgot to include the pool information

Yes, quite a number of folks use the Rec Ctr pools for summer and year-round swimming and exercising. There are classes one can join. During the warm weather, the smaller pool at the golf course gets regular use.

Old 09-11-2014, 06:05 AM

Thanks Bogey1 what would the fees be to use rec ctr pools in the summer?I understand about dues being a former hoa president.There are emergencies and things not planned for.Isaw condos that had fees over $4000 a year but homes did not not .Could you explain that please. thanks

Old 09-11-2014, 07:19 PM

5 posts, read 11,435 times
It was great to see between 400 and 500 neighbors at the fire house tonight as we commemorated the anniversary of 911. Well done program with Marine color guard, bag pipers, local dignitaries and many first responders present. A moving ceremony involving the children as well as those in attendance. All this at our 911 memorial built with beams from the World Trade Center and designed by a local resident architect. Great community spirit. Never Forget!!!

Old 09-11-2014, 07:29 PM

Dear gjjb1953,

I'll check on those Recreation Center and Pool fees tomorrow and get back to you. I'm not sure what you mean about those $4000 fees, though. Our condos? Not in FH. We owned a FH condo for about ten years, and we paid only the annual POA membership dues that every other property owner does.

Old 09-12-2014, 07:57 AM

I was looking at condos for sale in Fairfield Harbour and saw a $4000 a year fee included as well as poa dues but did not see that fee for the single family homes .

Old 09-12-2014, 11:13 AM

Hi gjjb1953,

I've been checking for you. I called one of the local realty offices here, and, you're right. There is a monthly condo fee which could amount to the $4000 you mention, at the end of 12 months. It does vary by condo, and it's for the maintenance of the building, landscaping, insurance for the building, etc. These are costs you would bear, personally, if you owned a home, but that the condo association takes care of for you, for your unit. (I'm sorry. It was several years ago for us, and I forgot about the monthly fee.)

Here are the answers to your other questions: The pool at the golf course cost $150 per year to use. Technically, that's a single membership, but the pro told me they charge that for a family, as well.

The Recreation Center charges different rates for singles, couples, and families, and, they have rates for the full year, for 6 months, and a rate per day.

SINGLE: $289 per year, $179 for 6 months, or $5 per day.

COUPLES: $349 per year, $199 for 6 months, or $8 per day.

FAMILY: $399 per year, $249 for 6 months, or $10 per day.

Hope this answers some of your questions. If I can help in any other way, please let me know. I'll do my best! :-)

Old 09-12-2014, 11:33 AM

Thats a steep fee for condo upkeep but the single family hoa dues are very reasonable to me.I think it would be best to buy a single family home and if you couldn't mow your lawn or keep it up a landscaper whould be cheaper.Buying a brick home even cuts your costs more .Thank you so much Bogey1 this is quite helpful to know.We may there in 2 weeks for a few days to check out the communities in the area and this helps so much.I am for low maintenance exteriors but a smaller property is still easy to maintain and good exercise for my lazy butt lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina