U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-25-2010, 06:50 AM

5 posts, read 9,502 times
Default Outer banks or wrightsville beach

Hi everyone! I am coming down from MA in July for a vacation with my family. I've been to Wilmington and Wrightsville Beach area before and loved it...but I didn't have my kids with me. They are 4 and 6. So, I need to make sure I pick a spot that will have the most for them. They are beach loving kids, but I would also like different attractions for them. My husband has been to Corolla and other Outer Banks spots before and he'd prefer to go out there. What is the best bet for our family? I'm looking to rent a house or cottage (more private than a condo or apartment) for no more than $1500 in close proximity to the beach. The internet offers so many rentals it's overwhelming. I'm not sure where we will get the most for our money and for an all around great family vacation. So I guess the biggest question is this: Wrightsville Beach or Outer Banks? Thanks so much! Any info would be great!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 05:58 PM

4 posts, read 5,328 times
I'm from Mass. as well. My wife and I bought a beach house near Wrightsville last year. Kure Beach is family-oriented, quiet, and only 20-30 minutes from Wrightsville and downtown Wilmington if you need some actilon (i.e.-if it rains).
We really like OBX, but it's all beach, with n city nearby....

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 04-27-2010 at 03:47 PM.. Reason: soliciting
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina