U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2010, 10:02 AM

12 posts, read 28,603 times

Advertisements

hey there,

My husband just found out he may be transferred to a project right near Camp Lejeune. I have read some of the threads on here that recommend both Leland and Richlands, so I went online and looked at some of the homes for sale and they looked awful 'cookie cutter' to me. I don't mean to offend- and new construction is great!!! But we are looking for a town with a little more sense of history, charm, small town feel. Must obviously be commutable to Camp L as well as a great school system, as we have a little one. We are looking to spend no more than $350-400k.

Thanks for all your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 11:32 AM

18 posts, read 87,728 times
350k-400k will certainly open up a lot of options for you in the area but if you are looking for a place with history and charm it might be tough while still remaining close to Lejeune. There are a few builders in the area who are building new construction cottages that have the character of old homes but the modern conveniences of new ones. A few examples would be The Landing at Mill Creek, Bear Trail and The Cottages at Holly Ridge. Each neighborhood has it's ups and downs but they're worth a look and you can definitely stay under $350k easily.

Hope that helps,

Jason Gruner

Old 03-25-2010, 06:59 PM

3,071 posts, read 7,818,592 times
Cape Carteret, cedar point, or swansboro on the east, Sneads Ferry on the south

Old 03-26-2010, 11:13 PM

364 posts, read 552,767 times
Definitely check out Swansboro. I enjoy daytrips there. There are some nice shops in the old downtown fishing village.

Old 03-28-2010, 06:08 AM
LLN

4,981 posts, read 8,744,235 times
+3 Swansboro

Old 03-29-2010, 12:09 AM

96 posts, read 356,028 times
The cottages and mill creek are also cookie cutter, almost identical houses, no trees, ect. Mimosa bay in Sneads ferry is 5 minutes to the back gate and every house is different. right now there are only 10 homes in the development but a builder recently bought 15 lots and are building homes from 250-300k. The development is beautiful, they nestle the houses amongst the trees. They have a clubhouse, fitness center, boatramp, day docks, picnic areas, ICW views, walking trails and the pool should be going in soon. They also sell lots and you can build your own dream home. It is 5 minutes to the beach and Sneads Ferry has a real friendly small town feel. We are ny Transplants and have been renting on topsail while figuring out where we want to live and this gated community meets all of our needs and we plan on building when our lease expires. Good luck, feel free to im me if you want any info, I"D be happy to help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina