Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2006, 12:32 PM

3 posts, read 9,492 times

Advertisements

Anyone know of where afforadable housing is in Elizabeth City NC? My family is moving there at the end of September. I would like to hear from anyone living there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2006, 12:56 PM

954 posts, read 4,369,019 times
It's a pretty small and quaint town. I can't imagine that there are too many "areas" to chose from. Probably big older homes downtown are kind of high as well as estates on the water.
There is at least one college there as well. Maybe around there would be cheaper.

Old 08-10-2006, 01:00 PM

Default Elizabeth City NC

Have you lived there or just visited? I live in Atlanta now and want to be near the water in an afforable place. The area around the college may be cheaper.

Old 08-10-2006, 01:46 PM

954 posts, read 4,369,019 times
I actually lived about 95 miles inland from there, but had good friends who either were from there or went to school there. Of course, I visited there on occasion.
It will certainly be a change of pace from Atlanta. Gonna be very very laid back. The accent is what they call the Tidewater accent, you know, Hoi Toyde (sp?). It's been a while since I have been there, but my niece lives in Beaufort NC farther down the Coast. The housing costs in her area have risen quite a bit, due to the number of retirees moving in from Up North and Florida. Elizabeth City may be far enough off the beaten path to have avoided some of that.
For most major shopping and medical services, the folks down there usual go to Virgina Beach/Norfolk metro area. Its really more closely related to there than the rest of NC.
It is really a pretty and peaceful area.
Good luck.

Old 08-10-2006, 04:49 PM

Default Elizabeth city NC

Thanks for the information. I appreciate it. I saw how close the cities were in VA. Thats where I hope to work. I am tired of Atlanta traffic so I could use the change of pace. I grew up on Long Island, NY so I miss the water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina