U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2010, 12:12 AM

1 posts, read 2,756 times

Advertisements

Hi All!
I've been thinking about spending next summer in Wilmington, hopefully as close as possible to the Wrightsville Beach area. I know it's a bit early to be planning, but I want to make sure that this is the area that I want to spend June-August in, and that I have enough money saved up for a place to live. I'm from Pennsylvania, and I go to Penn State, so I'm looking for something a lot different than what I'm used to.
I would work while I'm down there...the company that I work for has a location in Wilmington that I could easily transfer to for a few months, so obtaining a job isn't my main concern.
My main concern, however, is finding a place to live that is pet friendly, seeing as how I'd be bringing my Golden Retriever along with me. My last, LAST resort would be living out of a hotel/hotel like area. I've done some research, but I'm a little bit overwhelmed and don't really know where to begin to look. Subleasing an apartment would be ideal...but I would love for it to be as close to the beach as possible, and I'm not sure how possible that is.

I'm open to everyone's suggestions and input, so feel free!
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2010, 09:51 AM

197 posts, read 876,483 times
i would think your best bet is to try and sublet an apt. from a college student who is away for the summer, and try and find one that allows a pet. have you tried checking craigslist?

Old 04-24-2010, 09:57 AM

135 posts, read 569,511 times
For that amount of time, Subleasing would be your best bet. Sadly that means that you can't really set anything definite up far in advance. Check out craigslist, padmapper.com, and the seahawk landing site through UNCW to look for possible subleases.

Prices normally at the beach are around 1k/mo for a 2bedroom 1 bath , and 650/mo for a 1bed/1bath, these prices might go up or down since you'd be subleasing though...Some places do rent out in the summer by the month, but they are few and far between, and typically expensive.

There will be more places in the middle of the island most likely, but the beach around there is usually pretty crowded. I find the North end has better swimming areas, and wider beaches than parts of the southern end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina