Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Collecting and Antiques
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 03:17 PM

49 posts, read 184,573 times

Advertisements

I collect old recipe card boxes. Most of them are wooden. There are very unique kinds from the early 1900's and the bonus is finding ones with the old recipes in them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2007, 07:54 PM

79 posts, read 249,254 times
I collect concert ticket stubbs. Man I've seen some great shows, mainly in Australia. Also collect Travel magazines.

Old 08-07-2007, 05:22 AM

417 posts, read 1,278,620 times
rosaries and other Catholic stuff (one of my best is a nun's old-style pocket watch-it has her name and order engraved on the back and a hand painted sacred heart on the face).

Old 08-07-2007, 09:33 PM

5 posts, read 17,431 times
Beanie babies..
Elephants
Dolls
Webkinz
:+)

Old 08-08-2007, 05:21 AM

4 posts, read 11,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
Hmmmmm,,, wonder how much moola ya have invested in that?

Also, add to list of previous, used to collect Bradford Exchange and similar ceramic collector's plates; Russian, Chinese, Native American, etc...
Well over half of the collection was gifted to me, about 35% was purchased at garage sales or flea markets etc., the rest was a little investment that could pay off some day but it is a collection that I enjoy.

Old 08-14-2007, 07:19 AM

20 posts, read 100,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
I like to collect shot glasses but I don't drink. I'm a weirdo.

My husband collects comic books and Legos. Yes, LEGOS.

My FIL likes to collect old glass bottles and bubble gum machines.
I not only collect Lego bricks but often build with them. Then I let my children play with the castles, ships, and such that I build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doll lady View Post
I bet no one would guess that I collect dolls and anything related to dolls. HA HA HA

Yep .... they are running me out of the house. You Barbie collectors would love my house.....I have closets of collectible Barbies in unopened boxes but my first love is antique dolls and those from the 1950's and 1960's.

Of course I also collect hummels, snowbabies, pitchers, doll houses, vintage doll furniture, vintage childrens clothes, some types of antique furniture, quilts, and on and on.....

Good thing I have a big house.
My 6 and a half year old daughter would love to play with all your dolls!

I also collect coins and some bills. I have coins from all over the world. My most notable bills are a couple from Germany during the time they had out of control inflation. My most notable coin is one from Austrailia commemorating the marriage of Prince Charles and Lady Diana. Most of my coins are from the United States, Japan, and the Dominican Republic. This is because I live in the US and have lived in Japan and the Dominican Republic.

Old 09-05-2007, 03:57 PM

24 posts, read 69,799 times
I like to collect cross stitch patterns, old and new.

Old 09-05-2007, 06:21 PM

3,702 posts, read 18,163,473 times
I mainly collect rocks, fossils but I sideline in china and glass with a wee bit of pottery thrown in.

I relax by grinding rocks into cabochons and gemstones and just look at the rest of the stuff.

Old 09-07-2007, 08:49 AM

27,251 posts, read 27,317,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo50 View Post
I collect concert ticket stubbs. Man I've seen some great shows, mainly in Australia. Also collect Travel magazines.

Concert ticket stubs here, too. Great memories!

Old 09-07-2007, 09:48 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,162,339 times
I collect arachnids/invertebrates. lol Tarantulas, scorpions, centipedes, etc. I also collect autographed Chicago Blackhawks hockey pucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Collecting and Antiques