U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Collecting and Antiques
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 06:35 PM

13,320 posts, read 19,662,475 times

Advertisements

I love to collect the lunchboxes but many times I hand them over to a daughter who adores them.
She displays them nicely above her cabniets. I have kept the Little House on the Prairie lunch box with thermos. I also gave one to each daughter. It was a show we always watched when they were little.
I was able to find old ones that her boys would like. She changes them around....They look adorable.

Somewhere along the line I started to love teapots. So I have various ones. A couple of sets I got as a wedding present. My collection continued on with different cute ones. However, I don't display them all at once. But I do put a few here and there...it has a comforting feeling.
Even those who enter my porch say it is like a cozy cottage feel...yea! That is just what I was striving for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 08:21 PM

21,044 posts, read 19,012,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
I love to collect the lunchboxes but many times I hand them over to a daughter who adores them.
She displays them nicely above her cabniets. I have kept the Little House on the Prairie lunch box with thermos. I also gave one to each daughter. It was a show we always watched when they were little.
I was able to find old ones that her boys would like. She changes them around....They look adorable.

Somewhere along the line I started to love teapots. So I have various ones. A couple of sets I got as a wedding present. My collection continued on with different cute ones. However, I don't display them all at once. But I do put a few here and there...it has a comforting feeling.
Even those who enter my porch say it is like a cozy cottage feel...yea! That is just what I was striving for.
YES! I love it when people compliment me on how cozy my house is....I love that word!

And it all comes about by collecting and using things you love....and I love anything old....like me

I have an old yellow teapot on my kitchen table now(on a 1940's tablecloth) , it's filled with flowers....cute!

Old 08-03-2012, 01:31 PM

24,718 posts, read 59,596,711 times
My wife has a teapot collecton. I built a shelf around the top of the kitchen to display them. Then we moved. I need to build a new shelf. Thanks for reminding me. It is time to let those tepots out of the moving boxes, it has been 6 years. They are probably unhappy in there.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:44 PM

13,320 posts, read 19,662,475 times
I have a yellow teapot on my porch right now on an old woven table cloth....It looks cute next to the birdhouse of white with green vines going thru it.

Yes Coldjensens....Six years is a long wait to see those cozy teapots. They must be so unhappy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Collecting and Antiques